Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally I found help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
:H After 2 failed surgeries, tons of blocks, hours upon hours of physical therapy and 4 years of chronic pain I have found relief. I found a chiropractor in Solon Ohio who has changed my life I am almost pain free. I have done spinal decompression. I went 4 days a week for 5 weeks and I am able to actually stand and sit more than 10 minutes. I can go to a movie and go out to eat and take care of my kids. This is a machine and that stablizes the top of your body and has a belt around your hips it attaches to the machine and for 30 minutes the machine slowly pulls your hips opening up your spine and relieving any bulges and herniations relieving the nerve that causes the pain. Most surgeons don't tell you that disc material will heal itself under the right circumstances when the spine opens up the material will re absorb and you feel better. Check out Chiropractors!!!
advertisement

Comments

• That's amazing...and wonderful for you. I have been told to stay away from Chrio's but I am starting to give it some thought. It all makes sence that it would relieve the pressure on the bulges and the nerves that are causing pain.

Good for you, so glad to hear some good news on this board..
  • And welcome to S~H.. :H

I have never been to a chiropractor.I don't even like going to Drs.and I could probably say in honesty that because of that I don't really treat myself too kindly in that regard.

In my defense I think the reason is b/c I have heard so many bad things about chiropractors that I simply never gave them a chance-even though I know many people personally who have found relief with them.It always seemed to me that they kept the patient coming back so often and getting worse before they found the relief.I suppose I've been brainwashed against them to tell the truth :|

I've read that disc material (leak or herniation) that causes oh so much pain can actually heal itself..and after the pain I had in the beginning of July I belive it to be true.Something was seriously wrong,but I couldn't take the time to go to the Dr b/c of the death of my mother at that time.I know how it sounds..that if it hurt that bad I would have gone,but you would have to know me & the situation...and I had pain meds too,though they didn't even help at all..or if they did this pain was something else.

Anyway-that's another story,but I'm glad that you found relief... :H
  • My doctor told me that the disks in your back are so strong that you you have to be pulled by two trucks to make the disks move. I took that to mean that any stretching machine is a waste of time.