Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

something i forgot to ask??

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Guys i forgot to mention this if i do have some kind of arthritis,inflamatory process going on, do u think it would come up in bloods if like its going from all my joints being hot ans sore to numb and cold.......do u think if this bmp stuff would have an impact on getting them feelings...if the bmp is touching nerves or something u think it could be causing these change in symptoms all the time..?? im trying my best to explain this properly, and also do u think a rheumatolagist would have a hard time trying to diagnose stuff like in bloods if it keeps changing like this.am i making sense..if it were yous guys right and i do have an inflamatory/arthritis immune thing going on..........and it turns out this bmp is interferring with the nerves........would yous have it removed, its like my brain is getting different messages which remembers me the consultant at our local hospital said to me one time when the weakness was really bad.urs is not a straight forward fusion, u have scoloisis and i dont thinkl anything is cut but i dont think u are getting the messages..........i dont know what he meant by this?????
advertisement

Comments

• I'm not certain that I'm understanding properly...but if I am I'll say this...If there were something/anything in my body that were interfering with my nerves(negatively),and it could be removed safely then yes~I would have it removed.But that is just me.. ;)
  • Hey there,

Now I am not a doc and of course how I feel about your situation and if I were in it is my personal opinion...wou already know that but anyway...about the inflammatory process being detected in your blood..which is what I thin your asking...I think they can tell there is an inflammatory process goin on by checking cetain things in your blood but they then need to figure out what the cause of the inflammatory process is. Remember i am not a medical profession so just my thoughts.

It does make sense to me that if the bmp is overgrowing then the possibility of it inteferring with nerves and other things etc seems it could be likely. You just never know with our bodies and everyone is so different in how they respond to different things and treaments etc.
    Pm me and we will talk later.
    Chrissy
  • I believe Most arthritis's can be detected in a simply blood test.
    I'm just Patsy, not a doctor.
    I'm not really sure if that's what you are asking but I thought I would give it a shoot just in case. hugs Patsy
  • is asking if the BMP could interfere with the blood test coming out correctly. I don't know the answer but I am pretty sure that is the qusetion.
  • Viva, a blood test could determine if you have inflammation going on. It would not tell if it came from the bmp, as this is not even a confirmed side effect of bmp. There are blood tests for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and more. Now if you have bone overgrowth at your fusion site they should be able to see it on a mri and see if it is impinging on nerves. We have had a couple members have it and have bone cysts that formed and impinged on a nerve. If you do have bmp encroaching upon your nerves, it would affect those regions of the body that the nerve goes to. You can look at a dermatome chart to see where the nerves go. It sounds to me you are having more systemic symptoms, so I hope you can get these checked out by the rheumatologist. Viva, always remember we are not doctors and are just giving you our opinions here. Mostly we want to provide you support as we understand pain, long recoveries, setbacks, etc. Please stay strong and persevere as you get through this difficult time waiting for some answers. Good-luck, Sue
  • I am quite sure that, as Cali-Sue says, you will find the overgrwth on CT and MRI scans.
    Inflammation is found on blood tests but in isolation is not useful. Rhuematiod factor is also found on bloods but none of these are fully conclusive - it is not the whole picture and your doc will review and assess all.

I assume you are still having problems following BMP??

Take care
advertisement