Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
hello everyone,
i am a new member at this forum. 30 years old, female, doctor myself ,have had two spinal surgeries in 2002 and 2006. the last one being spinal fusion at L3-L4 with pedicular screw fixation. for the past few months have been suffering from pain in the inguinal area both sides with lower bavk pain. am on painkillers, preparing for my medical licensing exams at the USA. my back problem has a history of about 15 years, so i have always been dealing with pain for the most of my lived years. had been fine after the operation but since february have been getting the pain off and on. recently had to move from one state to another so with all the work, i think it just got aggravated and doesnt seem to leave me yet. am seeing a neurologist, started physiotherapty too but the muscle soreness has increased after exaercises after a long time.
struggling with my pain, daily work, studies and mental peace. this is my introduction. would like some inputs if anyone is going thro the same and advice if any.
thanks
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you are so very busy. it is no wonder your back is giving you problems. ~X( pain can be very distracting and you need all your brain power right now. good luck with your studies and i know you will do well!! try and find a few moments and be peaceful just with yourself. get warm and try to relax!! please feel free to chat anytime you need to! give your physiotherapy a chance to work! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine Health. I have not heard of any women having pain in the inguinal area related to their lower back, and I have not experienced it in that area either so unfortunately I can't comment on it. Are you certain it is related to the lower back? What does the Neurologist think? How long have you been doing physical therapy for it? I do know that PT for the muscles in that area can be brutal for a while and then it settles.

Best of luck with your exams. I have several friends who are docs and they generally take some time off prior to the exams just to relax and study.

Welcome to the forum,

"C"
  • thanks. yes the doctors say its a reflex pain due to the operation in the level.
  • thanks for ur wishes. yes i think i need to relax a bit, but this continuous pain is tormenting indeed.
  • just wondering, have you tried muscle relaxers? You stated that the pain is muscular and when I have muscle spasms they work very well. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • yes i have taken muscle relaxants too nothing helped.
advertisement