Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

16 weeks post op to the day

ohiopatriotoohiopatriot Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Doing fairly well. Got some lidocaine ptches from the Dr. and they work great. Sitting at the coputer at work was a real challenge but not anymore. I also rode my softail for the first time since the accident. Rode the couple of miles to work and it was GREAT! Just like walkin the dog. Wife is out of town and I had to pay my 13 yr old daughter not to call and tell her.hahahah. Best wishes to everyone out there and remember to drive on with the mission. HooAhh!
advertisement

Comments

• Had a question for you. I'm about 12 weeks post op and had same discs done. Have you had any problems once in a while with swallowing. I've come across some days where I feel like something is stuck in my throat and coughing seems like it should help but it doesn't.

Oh man, and working at the computer...they had our professional from corporate come in and gave me an ergonomic keyboard and mouse. It really has helped as I have a tendency to get up close on my screen when I'm working. Getting something under my feet also helped.
  • Yes, I do have trouble swallowing sometimes but not as much as right after surgery. Seems like the longer you go the better that it gets. I like to sing along to music also and my range and tune is almost back to normal. I am going to try a new chair with arms at work and hopefully that will help. Sounds like you are comin along with the healing as I am. Good luck!