Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two failed surgeries and now MRI shows L4 disc bulge and thecal sac compression -

winkerwwinker Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My husband had a hemilaminectomy in january of 08 and and a laminectomy in July. My husband has worse pain than before He is on 175 mcg of fentanyl pain patch and still in pain. The doctor wants him to have a pain pump or stimulator putin. He did not request an mri after the second surgery. Each time after surgery my husband had relief for several months and then pain started out of the blue. We requested an mri from his primary doctor and it now reveals a disc bulge above L5 and compression of thecal disc.

Can anyone give any insight into this?
advertisement

Comments

• did your hubby have the previous operations at? Also did he have Physical therapy after his surgeries and what other treatment has he had. Often the pain can get worse after but remember that a disc bulge is not something to be overly concerned about unless it is either hernieated or causing pain into the legs.
    It may be that this disc bulge has been there for a while and is not a problem.
    So just because it shows up on an MRI or a scan it doesn't mean it is a problem.
    I would try more alternative methods of trewatment before rturning to the surgeon and your Dr should be able to help you there.

Hope that helps you
    Blessings Sara O:)