Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Things Pile Up Sometimes

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Matters of the Heart
:''( Sometimes things all happen at once it seems. I'm waiting for cervical spine surgery. My 31 yr old daughter has Multiple Sclerosis. She has a 2 yr old and 5 yr old son. They live with us with her husband. My 28 yr old son lives with us and is looking for work. He has psychiatric issues.

My daughter had carpal tunnel release surgery a few weeks ago. She was not to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup afterwards. She has had to deal with the 2 yr old some and her hand is very inflamed. We help as much as we can. My wife works 10 hr days.

My daughter got up this morning. She can hardly walk because of her MS flaring up. I went with her to take her 5 yr old to school so I could keep an eye on Shane (2 yr old). Now she might need to go to the ER to get something stronger for pain.

I'm in extra pain this week because of the change of weather, much cooler. I have one more MRI to go thru before my Neurosurgeon decides exactly what surgery he is doing. We know he is going to do surgery on the C5-C6 level. How many more levels we are not sure.

AHHHHHH!!!!

Thanks for listening!

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• It is a reality that when one thing goes wrong, other things go wrong to. I think it is becuase we are focused on the yucky stuff. When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

So, I am sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers in your direction. I am beaming happiness straight from me to you!!!! :*

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Thanks much for all your positive thoughts and prayers, Stephanie! I know they are helping! You are right. Outlook and attitude are so much a part of good outcomes!

Thanks again!

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Hang in there! We are never given more than we can handle! At the time it might seem like it, but when we look back, we see we are able to rise to the occasion and make it through.

You are one tough cookie from what I've garnered while communicating with you here. So I have no doubt you will be able to do this. I'm just glad that you are there for your daughter.

"C"
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    You sure have your hands full. But I know it must make you happy to be able to be there for your family. The change in weather kills me too, till I get used to it. and it sure makes things worse for all of us. Be careful not to over do.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • :) Thanks guys! Yeah, with Cyber Family here, real life family, Creator...we can't go wrong as we walk each day in the path Creator gave us.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Hiya Ken >:D<
    I felt so sad reading your post :( , but at the same time its insperational to :O . Firstly your daughter is amazing, the way she just basically gets on with life regardless :) , we could all learn a lot from her. :? Secondly, Your pain will increase with stress :''( , as you get stressed and more up tight :O . this tenses your spine up. Ken you have to look after yourself :) , try to relax a bit more , and take time out for you :S .
    Do you have a date when your surgery is? :? Keep Posting! :)

Angie x >:D<

I hope your daughter feels better soon, wishing her well, these hugs are for her >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • This is all a preperation to show you how good you're going to feel after your surgery is healed...if you can do this now imagine how easy it's going to be when you're feeling better!
    I think you and your family are amazing for being there for each other to the degree that you are. It's often hard to find that level of commitment these days and every time I see it I get a smile on my face. You're a good man. Just keep remembering that when times get rough, okay?

Griff
  • you are having a rough time of it but we will always be here to support you. I will keep you in my prayers and if there is anything that I can do for you then please just let me know...hang in there....Miki
  • So sorry it took me so long to see this. I usually to not come over here as much as I should.
    As you know already we are here for you and your family on a daily basis!!!!
    We all have had "pile ups" at one time or another or heck even every day. Especially in my household.

You take care of yourself to. That is so very IMPORTANT.
    As you do not want your health declining either.
    I praise you for being such a wonderful father.
    We have a couple friends with MS and I know how hard that can be. You feel helpless. Hopefully she can get the right med regimine that will help her with her pain when she flares. Is she with any support groups on the web?? I found a great one to find out info. Just PM me and I will give you the site.

As for your son. I totally understand. My brother is 31. My mom and dad finally had to say enough is enough. They could not handle the burden anymore. He is addicted to crack. Jobs here and there, going off the deep end. I will not even speak to him till he staightens out. I know that sounds harsh. But my parents just could not take the mental strain anymore. They kept letting him back home etc. Enough was enough. They kept getting weaved into his web and so did the rest of us.
    I think finally he is getting the idea. Now that his awesome girlfriend got rid of their apt. As she had surgery for a crushed wrist and he would not even awake to take her to the ER the night she came home and the meds were not working. He would not clean anything up etc. You know the routine.

So I perfectly know were your coming from.
    You hang in there.
    We are all here 24/7 for you !!!!!
    You need anything at all do not hesitate to PM me.

Hugs
    Terri >:D< O:)
  • Thanks so much, Terri, Miki, Griff! >:D< It means a lot to me all the support you guys give! Yeah, I would like the link to that MS web site.

My daughter is going to the doctor today because she is having a flare up in her back and leg. That MS just is such an all-encompasing thing!

I had the flu this weekend. I had a fever and just feeling blah and a sore throat. I'm feeling better today!

Talk to ya all later!

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Wow, see you are so very strong!!!!

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement