Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arachnoiditis - Moderators Opinion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All,

I was wondering if we shouldn't have an Arachnoiditis Section?

Dorene
advertisement

Comments

• My opinion is, that if we continue to slice Spine Health up into smaller and smaller pieces, people and posts will get lost. People will go to that specific section only and miss out on meeting and interacting with other members. They will miss out on other information that might be pertinent to their situation and help them out.

Just my opinion.

"C"
  • I think "C" is right. Under this heading and the current thread, you can just express your concerns or ask any questions. But actually, I did not even know what Arachnoiditis is until I looked it up. Never heard of it before. Is that what you have?

Kin
  • I have to disagree with you continually stating that arachnoiditis is a man made disease. That is simply not true. Although it can be brought on by certain medical procedures, it can also be triggered by nerve compression (via structural problems),viral and bacterial infections as well as trauma to the spine via accident or injury.

I still stand by my previous post, that if we continue to slice and dice Spine Health up into too many pieces, people will miss more information rather than gain more information.

"C"
  • This section of spine-health would be a great place for anyone to start a thread regarding this condition. I realize the conditions is a very serious illness and needs addressed but creating more forums only makes the site harder to navigate. For example we have many members here with myelopathy while we don't have a separate place for them to post, they do have several threads going in that section. If indeed spine-health found many members posting to those threads and then possible a new forum could be started to address it. Unfortunately it is just impossible to have forums to address every medical condition. We do encourage you to keep posting on the condition as many can learn from the experiences you all have.
  • with splitting SH up more. I'm guilty of just clicking at the top most of the time and visiting the Back/Neck Surgery board and the Chronic Pain board. I often forget just how many different groups there are on here and I miss out on lots of wonderful people, information, etc., just because I don't get to all the groups. You can keep a thread going in whatever group you choose. We don't need to split the board up more than it already is! (Just my opinion).

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • We cannot refute the fact you have arachnoiditis.

At issue here, is whether to create a forum for Arachnoiditis.

I feel that we have been doing quite well with things they way they've been.

If we create a forum for Arachnoiditis only, then, someone may come and ask us "Why not a forum for Tarlov Cycts?" or "Why not a forum for Cauda Equina?"

There is really no need to create a whole separate forum for each specific malady that any one of our members who suffer from chronic pain may have.

I think it's wonderful however, that changes are being addressed in the medical field to combat these problems.

By the way, you stated: "If you were in contact with the number of people that I know, and have known over the last 6 years, studying thier mri, medical reports and medical history you would realise how dangerous invasive procedures have been." This sounds like you work in the medical field. Are you?
  • I agree with Jeauxbert it's hard to have forum topic about one spinal nerve issue, and not have one for the rest. It's not fair to my other spiney friends who have nerve disorders, or damage.

But it would be nice to have a space that is not so general as other conditions. That topic is alittle to broad. Maybe we could get a topic forum on Fail Back Surgery, Nerve issues, or divide a topic into Brain issues and Spinal issues, or something along that line. Any of these would make it easier for people to find what their looking for.

This forum can be hard to navigate, when your looking for answers, when it comes to things less common like RSD, Tavlor cyst, and arachnoiditis. Conditions like these get post everywhere. I myself find it hard, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for listening, and letting me state my opinion. Remember, this is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to one. Opinions should be discussed, and no one put down, just because we don't agree with someone elses ideas.
    Bobbi Jo
  • Sometimes, when I am looking for something specific, I go to the search engine and type in a phrase or word... and it brings up all sorts of topics/threads.... I know that's not something the newbies would think of right off the bat, but as an oldtimer it's my first choice...

(Bobbi - thanks for agreeing with me!)
advertisement