Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone experienced this PLEASE HELP

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/worried.gif

Hi I had a lumbar fusion on September 22, 3 weeks ago today,
I have been having some tingling sensations in my calfs and had charley horses in them for the past 3 or 4 days. Today I have had much leg pain, many cramps in my calfs and I noticed on one calf a vein that has been there all my life well it is deep dark blue almost purple and when you touch it, it is very painful. I am very concerned about this because, you know how you have a gut feeling something is not right, well this is one of them.
I am scared, has anyone ever had this happen to them or know anything about this I would love to get some information, as my physician's office is closed until tomorrow morning!!!
PLEASE PLEASE if you can give any piece of advice, something to do, whatever!!!! :??
Thank you,
LuAnn

Lumbar fusion L4-L5 September 22, 2008 3 weeks post op today.
Discectomy L4-L5 June 12, 2007
advertisement

Comments

• LuAnn, Call the doctor NOW or call the ER. This may not be anything to worry about but I would check, and rule out a bloodclot. "when in doubt...Check it out" good luck and I hope its nothing serious. Don't wait! Keep us posted. Rose
  • instincts and get checked out. I can tell you that I have problems with my legs cramping, sore, etc and I know that it is from walking differently and using different muscles to compensate for the pain in my back. This may not be the same for you, I don't know. But it is good advice to get checked out if you are concerned. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. this is something you need to have seen ASAP!! :T this is nothing to let go and you need to go to the ER or your doctor right away. not to scare you but you should be worried. :? your inner feeling could be correct!!! good luck and let us know what happens! Jenny :)
  • We know our own bodies better than anyone else, even our doctors. So I trust my own instincts and do what they tell me to. This could indeed be a DPT, deep vein thrombosis. If it gets loose, it can reach the heart which would NOT be good. Better to be safe than sorry. Too many people hold off going to the ER because their afraid it will be nothing. So what, I'd prefer to go and find out it WAS nothing, but at least I would have peace of mind. GO, and good luck. It is probably nothing! But err on the safe side.
advertisement