Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Purchasing a Mattress & Frame

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Sleep Problems
Insomniac finally sleeps after a new mattress purchase.

I have been doing a lot of research on beds and toppers because I could never sleep for more than 2 hours max.

So I originally bought a 4 inch Tempurpedic memory foam topper. A little expensive but I thought it would be worth it. NOT for me, I couldn't roll over or get in and out of bed, it would grab me and way too firm. I tried the different style mattresses from innerspring, memory foam, air coils and trueform. I was also nervous in making such a large purchase and not getting the right mattress for my back and arthritis problems. I finally found it!
One word, LATEX!

With all the controversy over the prices and names of the same mattress at different stores, I actually had a great buying experience.
I live in Las Vegas and the mattress competition is fierce. One store would call the mattress (SpringFree Latex) Garden Vine and the next store would call the same mattress Beachside.
I did price comparison and printed out estimates from the different stores even from Internet. So instead of paying $3599 original price I bought it for $1150. I did the same thing for purchasing the adjustable frame with massage. Originally priced at $1799 for Queen size I got them down to $1399. They even gave me free set-up, delivery, no sales tax and a free mattress pad. They delivered it on Sunday afternoon.

Sorry for the long post, I got too much sleep (almost 6 hours straight) because for the first time I didn't wake up in pain! This was such a good experience with the company I purchased from and the final product, I had to share.

If anyone is shopping for a new bed or frame I will be glad to pass on information I've discovered.

Sleep well, Take care of you.
O-
advertisement

Comments

• Please pm me any info that you have on the mattress that you purchased and maybe even a web site where I can look into it, if you know of any. I purchased a very expensive "specialty" bed that is advertised on TV, by a celebrity, and I hate it. That was $2,500. down the drain! I don't even know what a latex bed is? Can you explain?
  • Hi,
    Sent you PM.
    I hope you are still within your warranty maybe you can exchange your bed?
    Take care of you,
    O-
  • hi
    we have tried the TEMPUR BEDS too ..and like you ..i could not turn to get of the thing! so its in our other bedroom
    we bought a twin electrical adjustable bed with a sprung and memory foam mattress .it is fantastic ..but i still can only sleep for 3 hours max then pain wakes me ..i spend most of my time on my laz a boy recliner .
    good luck with you bed
  • Hi,
    I'm new to this forum. Just found I have a dessicated disk
    between L4 and L5 and had epidural inj of cortisone a week
    ago. Still waiting to feel better. I have a Tempur Ped bed and now after 7 years feel I can't sleep as well. It seems
    too firm and it hurts my hips. If I don't use pillows, I might as well forget trying to get comfortable. It's been helpful to read everyone's suggestions. I just can't believe
    how many "young" folks have such serious back problems and have been though so much. As a retired nurse, it touches my heart to hear what some have gone through. I'm going to try
    a multi layer latex foam mattress and see if it helps. I let you know the results.
    Bless you all....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,726
    a lot of detailed information about sleep and various mattresses and pillows.

Just click on the Wellness to start to explore.

Here is a direct shortcut to the Sleep area:

Sleep and Insomnia

I am sure you will get some excellent pointers there
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks Ron.....Your guidance is right on time.
    Ive been in hyaiteus for the past few months. Figured Id search these pages for bedding info. Luckily I stumbled in here first, well 3rd posting looking for ideas. Ill go to those and work the post there.
advertisement