Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Celebrex

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Depression and Coping
Has anyone tried Celebrex? How has it made you feel when you were on it? I was just prescribed this to try for a month as I am having various health issues and my doctor thinks it will help as she thinks I am getting depressed. I think she is right, it's been a rough year and things seem to be getting worse before better.

Any input would be appreciated about your experience with this med. I am going to start it but worry about how it will effect me. Don't want that flat affect feeling that I have heard about.

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I was on Celebrex for a year, but not for depression (I didn't know it could be used for that). My Dr gave it to me to reduce inflamation. This is what I found on the net:

How does Celebrex work? What will it do for me?
    Celecoxib belongs to the family of medications known as selective COX-2 inhibitor nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs work by reducing a substance in the body that leads to inflammation and pain. Celecoxib is used to relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and rheumatoid arthritis in adults. It relieves pain and reduces swelling and inflammation.

In regards to the flat feeling, I never had any metal effect from it at all. It did help the pain in my shoulder. Good luck.
  • every day and it works great for inflammation and pain. No noted side effects for me.

"C"
  • 5-kids, Is the celebrex being given for inflammation? It is not an anti-depressant, so I am a little confused. Now of course feeling better, less pain, would lift ones mood. There is an antidepressant Celexa. >:D< Sue
  • yes the others are right celebrex is used for inflammation as in for arthritis and such. i tried it for my osteo arthritis. of course it was motrin based and tore up my belly.
    not sure what you mean by the flat out feeling?????

cymbalta on the other hand is for depression and now being used for pain EXample fibromyalgia.
    they are both get get confused because they sound similar and begin with the same letter. do you have it with you now????? or celexa like cali sue said.

so if that is what your referring to and not celebrex it worked for me the very first day i took it. i felt like a new woman.
    only down fall was the nausea. it never went away so i had to go off of it..

so if you could clarify the meds for us it would help alot in our experiences with these two different meds.

or mabye its all my meds i have just taken in the last 4 hrs that have me confused and you are right and i am wrong 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} :$
  • I finally can take it again (starting monday when my NS said I am fusing-- oh yeah, babeee!) so... combined with a percocet... very nice. it's my choice for an anti-inflammatory for sure. I don't think I've had any side effects with it, though now that I've gone almost 4 months without it, the first time I took it on Monday with a pain med, I got really sleepy, so now I am taking it at night. it's definitley not an anti-depressant. I think your doc was thinking if you feel better physically, you'll feel better emotionally.
  • Just checking in on ya to see how your doing?? And what was the correct med they put you on.

G made a good point . If celebrex mabye your dr was thinking in those terms. If you fee better physically you will feel better emtionally.

Let us know when you can!!
    Terri O:)
advertisement