Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here 2 L-4,L-5 Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey everyone

3 years ago I had lumbar fusion, the doc put in the pedicales and rods...they went trough the back felt great 3 months after...than last year the pain was creeping back into my life.seemed the fusion had not completeley fused.....so last march had another spinal fusion , same area..this time they put in the plastic spacer....this time they went through the front... after they told me that is less trauma that way....LIARS. X( .also have a high tolerance to pain meds...so basically they dont even work...anyway,...so i am almsot 7 months out and my back still hurts I am 31 years and just had a baby 3 weeks ago.. and am starting to doubt myself ever feeling good again... anyone down this road..? sorry to be so down...but I am just so desperate to feel good.. I do everything including a heavy job...go out with my wife..and try and pick up my baby when i can.. I don't let it hold me down as much as it probably should,,thats part of the problem...people never believe me when i tell them I have had 2 back surgeries...anyway glad I finally found this site..
advertisement

Comments

• to SH. That's what we are here for; to offer each other hope.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. well, have a new baby and you have chronic back pain. that is alot on your plate. pain cannot always be seen by others and that is a big problem in getting the support and even sympathy we sometimes need. if you look OK you are OK. pain is a hidden enemy!! there is a good letter here on the site called "Letter to Normals". i think it would really open up some eyes of your friends and family. perhaps you need to think about acceptance of your condition. are your actions making your pain worse? Please make yourself at home and drop by whenever you need to. someone is usually around! Jenny :)
  • I totally understand what you mean about not being believed. It is hard for people that have never been in severe pain to really understand what it feels like. I actually used to work with someone that was fused and I (along with most coworkers) always thought that he was a faker when he said that he was in severe pain. Now I wish that I could go back and apologize to him. But, it took my experience of chronic pain to have any clue what he was going through. Is there any possibility that you could get a lighter duty job? Good luck and please keep us posted.