Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What ongoing treatments are you using?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Maintenance
What are you general ongoing treatments? Just something to keep you from having more problems?

For me:

1) Water exercise at a therapeutic pool 2x week
2) Deep Tissue Massage treatments every other week
3) Sitting in my hot tub nightly

Everyone has their own set
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• :) i start with a shower every day to loosen up my back muscles. =)) i walk every day i can. i use the exercise ball to stretch and work my core several times a week. i use vitamins and supplements every day to help with constipation and keep my joints and internal organs healthy. =D> i find coming online every day keeps me healthy! 8} i wish i could get a massage, you lucky guy Ron!!!!! of course taking my medication daily, on time is so important as well!! Jenny :)
  • <:P just kidding, a hot tub would be awesome, i must write a letter to santa tomorrow. i agree with jenny starting with a hot shower and i usually walk to get the mail, about a half mile with 2 to 3 rest stops each way. i wear a soft neck collar when doing light honey dos outside to limit bending my neck to the max. i also have a neck collar in the truck at all times for those rough highway construction roadwork areas and national forest dirt roads. i keep a small amount of meds in the truck also. i have learned to ask for help for heavy things like at costco or homedepot etc... i use my tens unit sometimes. when i lived in a large city, i would go to the indoor pool and jaccuzzi about 2 times a week. maybe its just me but after the pool and jaccuzzi my neck muscles would be very tight about 45 minutes after. (|: got to get some sleep now and btw =D> great topic ron.
  • Hi there

I am trying to walk everyday, hotbath and planning a trial at the swimming pool next week.

Oh, and my hot water bottle...yum!
  • in front of the local weight-watchers and throw Twinkies out the window!! It's thearaputic....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    agriman said:
    in front of the local weight-watchers and throw Twinkies out the window!! It's thearaputic....
    Ben, I've thought this before and now I know more...
    I want you to be my doctor, for both medical and emotional help!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • At this moment in time i am on strict bed rest. :''( :( ~X( :SS :''(
  • nothing much right now.
    just meds
    great hubby
    heating blanket/ice packs
    pillows, blankets
    spine health
    myspace
    ebay
    OUTSIDE WHAT IS THAT :/ :/ :/ :jawdrop: :jawdrop: HELLO ITS IN THE 40'S with 80 percent chance of snow showers UGHHHHHHHHHHH #o #o
    thats about it over here on the north east side. :D
  • A hot shower 2x's a day
    Robaxin (as needed)
    Basic stretches and excercises
    I occasionally use the hot tub as well
    I have an at home traction unit I picked up yesterday afternoon and will start that today as well. :D

Up until yesterday I was doing physical therapy.

• Norco(10/325 x5 daily-additional 1 due to gout, not much help sadly)

Try to accomplish my "core" strengthening exercises.

meditation, computer chess, here

on my good days, I go to my best friends house and tutor his autistic stepson along with his wife(also a chronic pain patient as well).This has been beneficial to my mental status better than any therapy tried so far.
  • thanks for saying computer chess . i totally forgot i had a pogo year subscription. this should really help with no more cigs!!!!!
    glad you mentioned that or i still would of not thought about it :D
  • :))( :D :))( =))

Thanks, I needed that!
advertisement