Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member with Impending Surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for all the time and information you have all posted. I found out I need to have a 360 degree fusion to the L4/L5 with hardwear and disc spacer??? I was happy to hear something could be done for the pain I have had for years. Too many injections to count and way too long on pain meds. I look forward to starting the journey to a pain free life. Thanks again for the information and I hope I can help out someone else in the future.
Pika
advertisement

Comments

• you have a diagnosis and plans for a procedure. Hope it gets you fixed-up. Also hope you hang around to get (and give) suggestions during recovery!! Do you have a date set for the surgery?
  • No surgery date until I meet with the ALIF surgeon. The PLIF surgeon wants me to meet him so he can describe the procedure. Then they will get together to pick a date that they both have open. Thank goodness they are in the same practice and this collaboration is a normal part of their practice. I will be here to let everyone know what is going on since I will be off work for a while. I am hoping for an October surgery. If not early November.
  • ask ask ALOT of questions...

sometimes us who are desperate for help... leave out the details...

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. make sure you do all your homework and ask all your questions. ask until you can't ask anymore. :T feeling comfortable before surgery is so important. :SS read the "Good News" forum for a read on successful surgeries. good luck! Jenny :)
  • on your upcoming surgery. Please keep us posted.
  • Well, that's the date for my 360 degree fusion on L4/L5. Now what do I do...Anxiety set in. My doctor said I will only be in the hospital overnight. I am nervous but looking forward to having a normal life. I have cleaned the house, prepped my personal stuff, now what...Any suggestions????
  • :) Pika, do you need to have the toilet lifted? and what about a grabber? just two things you might have overlooked. you are on your way to a successful surgery and a great recovery. <:P good news that you have a date set! please be in touch whenever you need to! Jenny :)
advertisement