Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rollercoaster Ride

cla_guaccla_gua Posts: 186
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I feel like I am on a rollercoaster. I have good and bad days. Lately my days have been bad. When was too much for you and said enough is enough.
advertisement

Comments

• that it's too much for me to take anymore, someone or something happens to open my eyes, or my heart. It get's me out of myself and makes me realize that I am able to deal with what has been served me. There are days I wonder if this is all my life will ever be, and then I find I can do something or have found a way to make that particular moment OK.

I wish I knew how to really answer your question with a meat and potatoes answer, but for me there really isn't ever a black and white answer. I just realize it and it's usually after I have already made it through whatever it was that made me question things in the first place.

For now, I just hope that you are able to fasten your seatbelt and keep the bar down across the front of the seat and maybe just maybe you will find a part of the ride that you can enjoy.

"C"
  • Hi cla gua:

I havent made it to enough is enough yet for myself. But I agree its a rollercoaster ride for sure, I have my good days and my bad days with these disk problems, but have been working steadily doing what the chiro says and Ive found that most days are pretty good, I still have my moments where I think cut these things out NOW!! But it passes. For me the time will come when Ive tried everything I can think of to avoid surgery and see no further improvement, or start backsliding. When push comes to shove I will have these nasty little things cut out, until then Im determined to fight them and avoid going under the knife. Ive been at this fight for only 5 months so far, and I can say with some relief that Im far better today than I was when my rollercoaster went over the first hill! Good luck to you! I know how frustrating all this can be!
  • no what your talking about i think i hit that stage just before my surgery. and a few times afterwards too ~X( you think that surgery solves all your problems but it doesn't.if your lucky it helps you get back to some kind of normalcy.i've definitely had my ups and downs since my surgery.one step forward and two steps back.lol ya just have to keep holding on and pray that tomorrow will be better then today.take it one day at a time. 8}
  • Knowing about my cervical problems has been really life changing. I have good and bad days, but I can never get my mind off of what's going on in my neck. I truly have more compassion now for folks with cancer and other serious illnesses. Like aetown, I'm not ready for surgery. I'm continuing on the rollercoaster and hanging tough.--MaZY
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    Any patient that has to deal with Chronic Pain quickly becomes accustomed to the Roller Coaster Ride!
    There are so many good days but there are also a large number of bad days.
    Knowing what brings on those days is one of the keys to managing Chronic Pain.

Are there times when you feel like you have had enough and want to throw in the towel? Sure, I would almost guess that any member who has dealt with chronic pain has had those feelings. I dont think any of us are exempt from that.

Its what we need to do when we feel that despair. Its easy to focus on on the bad things about chronic pain, but it is so important to look at the good. In every situation, no matter how bad, there are positive things. Just that some times it may be harder to find them.

Having a supportive family probably makes dealing with all of this so much easier. Knowing that you have to go on for others is a real powerful incentive.

Any time when the bad days linger on and you are seeing nothing positive, then seeking some professional help may be necessary.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It is comforting to know that there are others who know exactly what I am going through. I wish none of us had to deal with this. I know my goal is to avoid surgery as long as possible. There are days where I just wish it would end and others where I feel I think I can do this. Thank you for your support, knowledge, personal experiences, and comfort. I could have never been able to do this without you all.

Love and forever grateful,
    Clarissa
advertisement