Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nice to know I'm not alone!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 46 year old 200lb male who went from dunking a basketball,playing golf, softball with the younger generation, doing everyday things with my 12 and 13yr old children, and working 70 hours a week, to a man who has had to find humility and come to realize I'm not bulletproof.

I got severely injured in an industrial accident. Had 5 operations on each of my knees with both being reconstructed, the right twice. I'm in need of total knee replacements and have been for the last 3 years. They have found severe DDD along with my severe DJD. The right side of my spine has collapsed and developed a large osteophyte that requires surgical intervention along with the other problems (Knees). With this came the terrible triad.

I am grateful I found this site and come to the conclusion that it's not only me that faces daily challenges to stay ambulatory and it's not the end of the world. God Bless you all and if there was a way, anyway, and I mean it, none of you would ever suffer from pain again. Through faith or whatever avenue you choose we can make do, and live again!

advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we are glad you have found us as well. i have DJD in my left knee and know how painful that can be. bending my knee at times is just excruciating!you speaking of the terrible triad, are you referring to your pain medications? i have found them to be a lifesaver and would have no life at all without them. there are no surgical solutions for me. good luck in your future pain treatments. stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • The medical profession calls it the "terrible triad." Chronic Pain, Anxiety, and Depression. The medications is all that I have right now to make things bearable until the financial ramifications can be hammered out through the Insurance Companies.

Painless piece for all ;)
  • Nice to meet you.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • While it is disconcerting to see so many people in pain, it is nice to know that we are not alone, isn't it? I wish you the very best. May they find a solution to help you with your pain.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • That, in my opinion is half the battle. I understand how you feel finding this site. And you are right, you are definitely not alone. You will find friendly, understanding folks here that are always willing to listen and truly understand. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
advertisement