Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Excited and frustrated all at once!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, I stumbled across this website tonight looking for some comfort and answers. I'm a 35 year old male who used to workout, golf, etc. Now I'm on light duty at work and wondering what the heck is going on with me and why am I not getting better or fixed? I was a lucky recipient of acquiring CRPS(Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome or RSD) in 2006 from a volleyball accident in my ankle. I've gone down hill ever since then. In late 2007, I started experiencing excruciating pain in my neck/trapezius area. I dealt with it for awhile until I could not bare it anymore. I went to a chiropractor and continued to go hoping it would go away. I had an opportunity to take a voluntary layoff at work and chose to do so since my neck was still bothering me as well as my ankle. I was off for 2 1/2 months and in that time was able to get rid of the pain in my neck. I went back to work and within 2 weeks I had the pain in my left side of my neck as well as having numbness in my left pinky/ring finger. I had muscle spasms and my neck seized up with excruciating pain. I went to the doctor and had a neuro-metrix test which showed moderate neuropathy in both arms. I was put on light duty at work and was ordered to have an MRI. I found out I have bulged discs at C5-C6 bi-lateral, C7(left side) and T1-T2(right side) as well as numbness from my left elbow(ulnar) to my left ring/pinky finger. I have been dealing with this since April 08' and in the that time, I've had 4 cortisone injections as well as a EMG stating that I have left ulnar neuropathy. The problem is that I still experience burning/tingling in my neck, my left and right shoulder goes numb, my right pinky/ring finger is numb sometimes when I wake up and I have muscle twitches all over my body which really makes me nervous. I go to work everyday which is at a factory and have to walk around in pain without anyone understanding or believing me. I just want to be fixed so I can go on with my life. I alreay deal with CRPS, now I have to deal with another chronic pain in my neck. Sorry to ramble, I guess what I'm looking for is some advice. I'm a tough person which is probably part of the problem so it's hard for me to deal with this. I've looked into lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, fasciculitis sp? to see if anything sounds familiar but just like the t.v. commmercials, a lot of people could probably relate. Bottom line, I have pain in my neck, my arm/shoulder is or goes numb, and I twitch all over all the time. I have had bed sweats at night and had trouble sleeping, but some of that could be attributed to my CRPS. Any info as far as who I should talk to or see would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry for the long rambling, but I'm all out of answers.
advertisement

Comments

• You are certainly dealing with more than your fair share of issues. I am so sorry to hear of it especially at such a young age. Most of us here know exactly what you mean when you say you just want to be fixed. Lots of us (including myself) have gone through years of feeling the same as you. Not being believed, all in your head and just wanting to have our normal life back again. One thing that I always remind myself of is that people that have never experienced severe chronic or acute pain really have no way of understanding what we are dealing with. What type of docs have you seen? It seems as if a neuro may be a really good choice. Sometimes it takes going to several docs before we find one that will really listen to us and are willing to help us. But, they are out there, we just have to find them. I am glad that you have found our forum because it is filled with lots of folks that are experiencing the same issues that are always willing to listen and support us. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. You don't mention whether you have had any pt or do any exercises or stretching. what about any meds. these are things you should of course talk over with your doctor. :-C good luck with your pain treatments. drop by anytime! Jenny :)