Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having a bad day - 3 weeks post op

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All,

My turn to vent. X( sorry.

I was doing sooo well. I am 3 weeks, 2 days post revision PLIF, replaced pedicle screws, decompression and interbody spacer taken out.
This is my 3rd op. Helped massively as i know what to expect, pain control , when to lie down, how to move, when to quit and give in....The battle with the shoe-laces still makes me smile. ;)

I am back on my hot water bottle full time.

I managed to reduced my analgesia to half what it was pre-op. Am walking down my road (small road) every day but get the expected twinges, groin and buttock pains.

Had first physio session 2 days ago, all ok. In fact, better than expected.

BUT TODAY! BOY! I ache. Ache. Can barely stand up hurts so bad.

My leg is still very numb, get icy horrible sensations in that, falling over it too. In fact, I fell over a dangling electric cord at the weekend because I never felt it against my leg...dangerous.

Not done anything naughty, namely (mopping, hoovering, lifting etc) but feeling very scared, naturally.

Is this normal?? ARGH!
I am so being careful, positive, little bit every day but never expected this. :''(
advertisement

Comments

advertisement