Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to the forum ??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
:H hi everyone,i am new to the site,i have a prolaps disk ,my bottom 2 disk have deteriated,i am on loads of tabs and i had a lumber injection on weds but not done anything yet,it still hurts ??been on gabapentin for 2 months 300mg doctor wants me to try lyrica,has any one tried them ?? any advice would be great ??
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to SH Bobby. :H

I hope you find a wealth of friendly support and advice here. We are mostly patients of one sort or another.

Lrica - yes. I am supposed to try it but live in UK and have to "apply" for funding =)) through NHS. In actual fact it will be approx £130 a month which is nothing in the scheme of things. Long story short - I am not on it.

But, I hear very good things and you should try it. It is supposed to be better (if you can say that) than gabapentin and if you can tolerate the side effects of Gabapentin you should be good on lyrica (pregabulin)

I hope your injection kicks in soon. It is not uncommon for it to take a few weeks or for you to have a mild flare of symptoms before the injection works.

Fingers crossed.
  • hi, thanks for your reply,its good to know that there are people in the same place as me ,i dont feel alone with pain ?? think im going to try lyrica over the weekend,im on gabapentin as i said and tramadol ,naproxen,and oramorph,i am still able to have a few beers at the weekend on the gabpentin,so i was worried that the lyrica would not mix aswell with the booze ? having a beer at the weekend makes me feel normal again,it takes the pain off a bit as well,waht meds are you on at the moment? where are you from ? hope to hear from you soon.
  • Welcome Bobby to the site. Its a great place to get information, and its very friendly on here, and we have a good chat room too.

Paul glad you said about Gabapentin affecting your memory. I am on 900mg 3 times a day, and I feel ok, but not quite firing on all cylinders so to speak, but I never thought it might be the Gabapentin.

Hope your haveing a good day

Danni x
  • I am not on Lyrica but know of several members that are. I am sure that they will come along and give you info. You may want to look under the pain medications subject as I am sure that there have been conversations about it. Good luck to you.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have been on Lyrica for quite a while now. 300mg daily. it has been a big help in sciatic pain in my left leg!! =D> the only drawback has been weight gain. also i am drowsy at times. it takes awhile to have your body adjust to each increase of the medication but your body will adjust if you just hang in there. if it wasn't so helpful i would not be on it. if you have any questions please let me know. Jenny :)
  • :H :H hi,thanks for your reply,haow long have you been in pain ? iv had it about 8 month now and had enough,have you been able to have a drink on lyrica ? i am able to have a few at the weekend on gaba ? its getting used to new tabs all the time that does my haed in,hope you can help and thanks again. :H
advertisement