Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just venting

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Matters of the Heart
I'm having such a horrible, horrible day today. It's raining, so I'm hurting physically. I'm also hurting emotionally right now. Got the news that my son lost his job. He has a baby almost a year old. I know that I will have to support him financially until he finds some work. I'm retired and live off investments I inherited. Well, with stocks in the toilet right now, I'm afraid I won't have enough to support him and myself. I also have a daughter who lives with me (I'm paying the mortgage, light bill, water bill, insurance, etc.). My husband of 34 years died 10 years ago and I'm crying about that today too. Sorry to be so negative...I'm a Christian and should have a better outlook! I'm ashamed that I'm feeling sorry for myself. I just ask that those of you who are Christians please pray for me today, ok?
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for your kind words, but I feel like a failure. Too involved to get into all of it, but I do apppreciate your response.
  • :) Joy, i am sorry you are so down today and even though it feels terrible this to shall pass. #:S i am sure you have been a loving mother, grandmother and wife. those are alot of hats to wear at your age. i am sorry you are missing your husband. i have been married for 28 years now and am still madly in love. can't imagine life without him. so you have good reason to be on the sad side today. more is in store for all of us with the fall of our money and housing system. i know the fear you are feeling about not being able to even get by. :''( it is scary!!!. please let us give you what comfort we can and we want to hear from you. shed a few tears, hug yourself tight and start a new day!! >:D< Jenny :)
  • it makes us human and better appreciate the good days.

In my prayers.
  • I will say a prayer for you. Take care. From one of your friends here. (\o/)
    Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I really appreciate hearing from you guys. Everyone is so kind and caring. I hate it when these days come when I just want to have a pity party all by myself. I don't want to talk to anyone, go anywhere, etc. But it's great to be able to get these feelings out by writing and knowing that people are out there who care. Most of the time my kids don't seem to care whether I'm hurting or not...or at least that's the way it seems to me. I'm usually not like this...I'm actually a pretty content person most of the time. Again, thanks for being here.
  • So sorry you have to deal with that when you need to be focusing on your own recovery!

It is hard to know that your children - regardless of age - need help and not provide it; it is also hard to know how much help is too much - for both your good and theirs! When faced with a similar situation a friend reminded us that it is important to not jeopardize your own care and future - your kids have many more years to save for their retirement! Hard decision.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
advertisement