Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

ToYoungforThisTToYoungforThis Posts: 150
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Stop Smoking
I know this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, and that is to quit smoking. My mom has extensive small cell lung cancer. She found out on her 53rd Bday what a great present. My mom is a very pretty woman that has 5 kids and 9 grand kids and still looks great in a bikini. still very young at heart. OMG its gona hurt to see her go threw Chemo and the stages of cancer. She is the only one that has been by my side threw my surgeries.

Well I am a smoker and have just quit and feel so so guilty for smoking, I have been so selfish and need to break this addition now with no relapses. When I wana smoke I think of my mom and the road she has in front of her.

How am I gona do it this time! I have quit for my surgeries was forced to but as soom as I had them I started again. My sergeon requires you to have a neg. nicotine test or no surgery.

But now I am scared out of my mind. And I keep think that it is selfish to smoke you know it causes cancer and its horrible what you ur are doing to your family. Not only that but smoking advances DDD and stops fusions from healing.

Any any advise would be appericated.

I have to quit I don't wana die young?

Paula
advertisement

Comments

• Hi,

I did it so you can too. I used to smoke 20 a day (or more)

I used nictine replacement pastilles/sweets. They gave me a quick fix when I needed one.
    The patches are good but don't give you the same rush that the sweets do.

Good Luck.
  • You need support, such as this forum or another online nicotine support group. You also need to be able to forgive yourself when you mess up.

One Love,

Stephanie

• I quit smoking by switching first to a no-nicotine cigarette. (This let me have the action of smoking without the nicotine.) Many smoke shops carry them and they can also be purchased on-line. Evidently they are often used in theater productions that call for smoking. If you want to know the name of these or where you can get them, just PM me and I will give you the info.
  • Im so sorry hunny your going through all of this. Its hard to see our parents get sick that always have been there.

Just like my new found illness at 41 UGHHHHHH CRAP.
    But I learned to accept it, and well there is nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully surgery is a success and it lasts for at least 10 yrs plus. If not I will have to have it redone.
    I not only have to learn how to quit smoking but change my whole diet. So 2 things.
    Actually 3 dealing with back post op pain and the new surgery pain coming up. WHEW thats alot.
    But hopefully after this surgery I will be able to walk off my stress. As I am laid up in bed now since I came home in Sept.

The heck with the kidney I'm getting the chantix. Hopefully I can do it in 2 weeks like hubby did. But of course with my health issues I stressed him out and everyone else and he started again.

I of course went all morning with out one and there came the panic up behind me. Im in so much pain today I could not take it anymore.
    I kept saying NO DON'T DO IT.
    But I did.
    Its tuff sweetie, and having stress on your plate makes it even TUFFER. I know I am there now.

So lets stick together and try this together ok????
    Lets try other things to keep our mind off.

Lots of hugs to you and mom
    Terri >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< O:) O:) O:) O:)
advertisement