Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fell off a ladder

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick back ground - May of '07 I fell off a ladder and herniated 5 discs, 2 cervical and 3 lumbar. In Feb '08 I had a 2 level ACDF. On Nov. 10 I will be having a 3 level Flexible Fusion w/ laminectomy. The ACDF was about 80% successful. I can live with the pain I still have in my left shoulder. The lower back pain is my worst enemy right now! :''( I can only hope this next surgery is as successful. I have never heard of a "flexible fusion" so I was wondering if anyone else has.

Thanks,
Doxie
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am not a surgical candidate but i do have pain as you do. i wish you the best of luck with your surgery! have you gotten a second opinion? the more information you have the better! for a read on successful SH surgeries read the "Good News" forum.hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • First sorry all that happened to you. I typed in flexible fusion in the search bar here and this is what came up.
    Your shoulder pain may go away soon. It took me awhile I had my ACDF in 04 . I have no pain and full movement forward and backwards of my neck. So hopefully you will get there.
    Start feeling better soon and I hope your surgery is a sucess. If you need anything at all we are here to support you from beginning to end.
    Click on this link:

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/posterior-dynamic-stabilization-systems

Take care, hang in there most of us know all about that nagging back pain that interfers with your life style >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Wow! I learned alot from that link. My doc said he has had great results with this kind of fusion.

I do have total confidence in my surgeon. I have had several opinions and talked to a few different doctors and always came back to my doc. He is highly recomended in my area.

I still don't have full movement in my neck. I can go forward but I can't go backward very far. I don't have full fusion yet but I am close.

Thanks so much for your support and kind thoughts. I can see that you all have been thru so much as well.
  • very welcome.
    you can search alot in the search bar at the top of the page. if its on spine health it will bring it up.
    so glad the information helped you..

keep us up to date on your surgery and condition.

hang in there enjoy the rest of your weekend
    terri O:) O:)
advertisement