Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 week acdf

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well I made thru ! The hosp. stay was the worst ! 6.5 hrs surgery... The surgery itself wasnt bad it was the after care with pain control ! Prior to surgery I have been going to pain management for aprox. year. My meds prior to surgery werel(I had two level fusion 56,67,)4 20 mg. oxycontin daily,4 15mg oxycodone daily,and 4 norco daily. After surgery I received 4mg IV morphine and norco ! It was a joke ! I was in extreme pain and couldnt wait to get the out of there. Well I was released that afternoon less than 24 hrs. The collar sucks and swallowing is a pain . Overall I feel prety good though. I am sure glad I will be going back to pain management doc. and eventually scale down on meds. If left to Nerou e would have me on baby tylenoll and call it good !Thanks for letting me vent...
Have a Great Day
Mike
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to SH
    You did it!!!!!
    Your more then welcome to also post in back/cervical surgery thread.
    We have a recovery club going on for Aug/Sept surgeries. I do not think there was one started for Oct/Nov yet. If not I will go start one.
    That way everyone can keep up with everyone's recovery, ups and downs etc.
    Yes that is the problem with alot of people going to pain managment. Wow you were on some high doses of meds. No wonder morphine did not work for you. I am surprised they did not use diludid or fentynl in your IV. ~X(
    I pray that your pain meds can be tapered down. That will be a huge accomplishment for yourself.
    The sore throat last for about a week or two. For most.
    Enjoy drinking ice cream shakes, yogurt, soup etc.
    Lay soft ice packs on your neck and shoulders. The numbing of the ice is AWESOME.
    Keep yourself comfortable. Lots of pillows on the bed or couch. Lots of good movies, repeats of old shows and of course the COMPUTER. :D
    If you have any questions at all while your recovering don't hesitate to ask.

GOOD LUCK
    Terri O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • hey mike awesome!!
    come post with us as terri mentioned. she is nutty though so be careful. some of those chicks in that forum are crazy!! just kidding!! it is a great support!!
  • hey mike awesome!!
    come post with us as terri mentioned. she is nutty though so be careful. some of those chicks in that forum are crazy!! just kidding!! it is a great support!!
  • hey mike awesome!!
  • don't ask how that got up there three times . .lol
advertisement