Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

low back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had posted a couple weeks ago about flare ups. It turns out that I am not having flare ups. I have ovarian cyst that is causing some of my low back pain. I wish this would all go away. I get some good news and then some bad news. I had a MRI on my hip to see if the bone is strong enough to do the resurfacing and the good news it is but the bad news is that they found the cyst. I really hope this don't delay the hip surgery. I don't know if the cyst is causing all of the low back pain because the more I limp the more I feel it. Who knows. I guess I just will have to wait and see. The low back pain is really confusion it can be from so many different causes. I have moderate DDD with facet arthrosis at all of the lower 3 levels, this ovarian cyst, disc herniation, scar tissue from all of my previous back surgeries, or just muscle issues from limping. WHO KNOW? I am sorry I just need to vent. This year has been terrible.

Cindy
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you feel better soon..take care...
  • Cindy, did they say how big the cyst is? That'll determine how it is treated. Have a look at this site.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001504.htm

I hope you feel better soon.
  • Things have just got to start looking up for you! I am so sorry that you have one more issue to add to your list. On the bright side, maybe the cyst is causing all of the pain and you will not need back or hip surgery. I hope that will be the case for you. Please keep us posted.
  • I go an see the surgeon next week for my hip surgery. I can't wait. It will be atleast 4 weeks out because I have to give blood twice at 2 weeks apart and I have to wait 2 weeks from there to have surgery. They do this because 50% of the time in hip surgery you will need transfusions and it is so much better to get your own blood. I think my cyst ruptured last weekend. I have never had back pain like that in my whole life even before and after surgery. I took my pain meds and they didn't do anything. I started to get my husband to take me to the ER but I figured with my age (26) and the amount of surgeries along with taking 2 diffent narcotics (lortab and opana ER) coming in with back pain, I figured they would stereotype me and not even help. I know they shouldn't do that but I work in the health field and I know they do. Even the pain management drs that I work for do. So I dealt with it. It was excruiting. It lasted for 2 days and for several days after that I was really "sore". If it didn't and this pain can keep coming back, I want this thing took out. Thanks for listening. I am hoping things will start looking better too.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.