Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 41 not good for me

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
not good at all,i ve put on 4 pounds i can t believe it,well i can you know theres no point kidding myself ive been eating alot off bread over the last 2 weeks and its caught up with ,im really gutted but its my own fault so hopefully now that il be back to work tomorrow after 10 long months ill get back into some sort of routine,im about to get the dog out for a long walk i ve been slacking with that too.
I really hope you all had a good week i need some good news on are fight against flab
advertisement

Comments

• Hope you had a good walk with puppy. I'm sure you'll lose that weight when you're working again and do your 30 minutes excercise everyday. We want to have a healthy body and not just worry about how we look. Eat more fruits and water instead of juices too. Take care and let us know how work is going..Wishing you warm thoughts. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • OK well I've introduced a bit more fruit this week, and a small amount of bread which was the plan, so I can no longer say I am practicing the Atkins idea. As such, my first couple of goals have been archived, which were to cut down my portions resulting in a reduced stomach, and to rid myself of the cravings for sweets.

This morning I weighed in at 236 lbs, down 3 lbs from last week and a 17 lb drop for the start a little over 3 weeks ago :)))
  • I FINALLY CAUGHT MY HUSBAND'S COLD BUT NOT UNTIL AFTER I HAD A CHANCE TO GO FOR A LONG BIKE RIDE IN THE BEAUTIFUL, COLORFUL WISCONSIN AUTUMN. BESIDES BEING SICK MYSELF, I FOUND OUT ONE OF MY DOGS IS VERY, VERY SICK AND I'M SAYING MY GOODBYES. HER HEAD IS ON MY LAP AS I'M TYPING. WE'RE CANCELLING OUR VACATION FOR THIS UPCOMING WEEK---MY FIRST THIS YEAR. I'M BAWLING CONSTANTLY. MY POOCH ISN'T THAT OLD. SO, FOR ALL THESE REASONS, I'VE FOUND IT EASY NOT TO EAT AND STICK TO THE DIET AND I'VE LOST 3.6 LBS. NOW 165.4 I ALSO HAD SOME SUCCESS IN THE BATHROOM AND I KNOW THAT EFFECTS HOW MY CLOTHES FIT. I WISH I COULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THE WEIGHT LOSS BUT I'M SO VERY, VERY SAD.
  • I know just how you feel,i had to get our first dog put to sleep 4 years ago,he was only 2 years old and even though we have a new dog theres still a place in my heart just for benji i still miss him,but you know its the best thing for your dog and because you love him thats what im sure you l do,atleast we can do that for them when theres nothing else that can be done so nows the time to be brave,im thinking off you
  • to both of you you put me to shame
  • :) i had a good week and am down the two pounds i gained last week to 150lbs. with my new goal weight of 130lbs instead of 125 that is 20 pounds to go! and it is taking forever!! of course i am happy about the weight loss anyway! :O) benji, it must of shocked you to get on the scale and see a 4 pound gain! you know how it is with us and bread! now it's time to get back on track. i imagine working will make a big difference for all the right reasons.. McBack, well done!! part of finding a plan that works for you is to adjust and then adjust some more. you are doing great. take a bit here and a bit there and make it your own!! stockbroker, i am sure the weight loss pales in regards to the loss of a best friend. knowing you will have wonderful memories is a reminder of the future. :X my heart is with you and your four legged friend! >:D< Jenny :)
  • I'm gonna try again....I'm the biggest I've ever been. I have such a hard time sticking to diets and exercise. I need to get this weight off before it literally kills me. Last I weighed myself I was 273.6 pounds. I dont know why I cant get myself motivated enough to lose some weight. I had my lumbar fusion in June and have actually gained weight now instead of losing. The doctor has also put me on Neurotin 3 weeks ago and I've gained weight with it as well.Later tonight I'll weigh myself for my starting weight and will check in during the week. Ugghhhhh...say a lil prayer for me that I can do it this time.

God Bless,
    Christina >:D<
  • :) Christina69, hi! :H try to not think of it as a diet but as developing a food plan you can eat on and loose some weight. get ready to put your mind to the problem and develop a goal. :? maybe just 10 pounds to start with. don't look at the total weight. welcome and come in and chat anytime you want to eat and should not. we are here for you! Jenny :)
  • I also gained weight after my fusion. Geez, what could I have eaten during all that pain to put on 10 lbs but I did. I figured I would have lost. Anyway, I'm doing the weightwatchers online. They don't let me eat very much but they let me eat whatever I want so I don't feel so deprived. Deprived, no. Hungry, yes.
  • officially at 275 last night. Here we go!

God Bless,
    Christina >:D<
  • christina just take it small goals at a time like 1-2 pounds a week then its not so scarey,jenny well done,yes it was a big shock i nearly cried when i realised id put on 4 pounds but im gonna do something about thats the main thing.work went well this morning think im really gonna love it,the girls there are lovely and the work is intresting and best of all no lifting,i have had very little pain though i think i may have 2 cut down 2 25mgs of lyrica in the morning as it does effect my concentration
  • :) Christina, the number may look large but you don't ever have to see it again. #:S my mom lost almost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and has kept if off for many months. <:P so pick a small goal and go for it!! weight watchers gives you alittle bit of everything and you should do well. you can still have sweets, carbs, and even some fats. of course don't forget your fruits and vegies!! =)) stop by the forum anytime! Jenny :)
  • :) benji, i hope your sciatica does well with the reduction. you may be so busy at work you don't notice til you gt home and could add another dose then. you certainly can't be loopy! 8} are you wearing a uniform or your own clothes with a lab coat? it must be a casual atmosphere for sure. i could not be happier for you! Jenny :)
  • stockbroker, i don't want you to be hungry. :''( load up on the fruits and vegies you love the most. it is nice having WW available online. then you can weigh in here once a week. Perfect!! Jenny :)
  • another week of no loss....it's not looking good. I need to do something differant
  • :) netnomad, hi! :H don't feel discouraged. what food plan are you using? let me tell you though that there is nothing wrong with staying the same or "maintenance." you may need to tweak your food plan for several weeks before you figure out what works for you and what doesn't. :? we are into another week and another chance for a weight loss! =)) Jenny :)
  • is a good thing nomad,the weight loss will come if you re eating less so try to be patient,though i know its not easy.Jenny, i have to wear a uniform but id much rather it that way,saves my fom trying 2 decide what to wear everyday.im off today so trying 2 get ahead off myself with housework.I really hope i get atleast a pound or 2 off this week,i have a fitting for my bridesmaid dress on sunday and im praying it fits ok
  • :) you have just eaten a candy bar and 2 cookies. there goes the weight loss program. ~X( NO! in that moment of awareness turn your self around and say i can start the weight loss plan again now. NOW! <:P that is all it takes. don't wrestle with yourself for bad choices. instead,tell yourself to get right back on track and don't look back. tell yourself you are doing well to be back on your food plan. don't ONCE think about the candy bar and the "diet is ruined!" use that energy to focus on what you are going to do,eat right! you are a good person for being back on track!! :X dont't fuss with the negativity. focus on the positive thing you have done and are doing by eating right NOW! Jenny :)
  • I have a closet full of jeans that don't fit me. Whaaa! This was a bad week. I had to put down one of our horses and it was sooo painful. Stockbroker, I feel your pain. How are you doing? I think this has thrown me into a slight depression. Once I realize what's going on though, that's half the battle to feeling better. I want to snap at everyone. Not good.

Christina, welcome to the group!

Teri

208 lbs
    goal 164 but would settle for anything!
  • and can't belive how much that baby has changed in just 4 weeks! Some of you know that the main reason that I went back to visit was because Lucy, ( african grey parrot) has been on pain meds for the past 4 years. She is currently on Tramadol and when my grandson was born we took her to vet for check up and her liver enzymes were through the roof. We had to stop all pain meds for 2 weeks (which was horrid beacuse of her pain levels) anyway she had a recheck and good news is that her enzymes are normal, bad news is that it is the tramadol elevating them and it is the only pain med that works. Sorry to get off on that subject.

Elaine, you have done so well at losing the weight and you now that when you get close to goal it will bounce around a little. I bet it will stabilize this week.

Jenny, Great job! You are also getting so close to goal!

Mcback, that is awesome! Maybe that will give me the push that I need to get serious about South Beach!

Netnomad, staying the same is much better than a gain.

Christine69, I agree with Elaine and Jenny. You must break it down to small increments in order to avoid getting discouraged. I try and make 20 lb goals.

Stockbroker, you really did well but I am so sorry that you are experiencing so much grief. trust me I can relate to the grief involved in losing a loved one whether it is a human family member or a pet family member. I am so sorry for you.

Well, hopefully we will all do well this week and do well on Sunday. Good Luck.
  • Usually when I blow it, I will say "Well I blew it, I might as well eat everything I can't have for the rest of the day and start over tomorrow." Not smart, I know, but those are the same old tapes that keep playing in my head. Good advice, I will try very hard to stay positive. Thanks again Jenny, I needed to hear that today.
  • I'm trying to get back in the habit of doing my physical therapy routine. I am feeling a bit better and this will help, along with the walking, to burn some more calories.
    I hope everyone is pain free and having a great week.
  • :) hi everyone, lots of good new and some sad news on the forum today. nice to see everyone is trying and thinking about their programs. it seems like some of us may even be looking forward to sunday and a few pounds gone! everyone have a great rest of the week. tighten your belts and really dig in these last few days. Jenny :)
  • jenny,ive been quite good this week,resisting the sweeties and biscuits at work so i hope that it shows on sunday,work is going great,i really enjoy it but i am tired but its worth it,and so far the back is holding up.I hope your bird gets better soon pain ,is there no other meds they can try?

Im off on a driving challange tomorrow to raise money for cancer care,il be driving fire engines and tanks and to be honest i can just about drive a car lol,but itl be fun or so im told lol and there l b nice firemen and soldiers to look at,which is always good lol
    hope you all are doing well
    Elaine
  • :) sweet benji! Lewis is a person not a bird, i guess i never told you that!!! :X you are so funny!!! =)) no new meds for him either. he is in the end stages of cancer so there is no more hope!! i know that scale will be kind to you this week!! you have one crazy, fun day tomorrow. i want to hear about you hanging off the side of the firetruck!! =)) raise lots of money!!! Jenny :)
  • stockbrocker and ranchoalmosta, i know you are both in a time of sorrow! :''( take hold of your memories as you grieve. don't let food be your partner during this time! we are all here for you both! netnomad, go for the pt if you can. every little bit helps. you are getting a good exercise program together! painintheback, good to have you back! you came back with so much love in your heart for your new grandson! :X good luck with your parrot! Jenny :)
  • Thanks guys.
    Elaine it looks like the tramadol is the only med she can use. I asked about the opiates since they do not effect the organs and vet said they won't work because birds have different pain receptors. I can tell you all that I have really gained with all of this being stressed and out of town. I am going to start over again this Sunday since it looks like I have gained about 7 lbs since before my grandson was born. I can really feel it in my clothes and I must get back on track so Sunday will be a new start for me.
  • lol i think weve got are wires crossed,i was taking about painin thebacks bird.I know lewis is a person and im sure hes really glad you are there for him
    I did my driving challange and the rain was so bad i was soaked right through,but ive warmed up now thank goodness
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.