Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

11 months post acdf...still feeling weird normal??

mikeavmmikeav Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hiya..today marks 11 months since my surgery...im still having weird twinges back there..is this ok?plus some tingling has returned in my left,and to a lesser extent,my right hand..either these things are part of healing or else ive screwed something up..whaddaya think??
advertisement

Comments

• mikeav said:
    hiya..today marks 11 months since my surgery...im still having weird twinges back there..is this ok?plus some tingling has returned in my left,and to a lesser extent,my right hand..either these things are part of healing or else ive screwed something up..whaddaya think??
    it takes a while for things to heal,the twinges may be from your nerves,from reading other posts the tingling in the hand others have as well,maybe it will cease,ask your dr about it.i'm 14 months out and still have some issues.i accept it as the new normal.good luck in healing. michelle
  • Hi mike....
    I'm now 1 1/2 years out from surgery and still have symptoms that seem to come and go. Like Michelle, I consider this my new normal. That's not to say that I don't worry that there's something wrong because I do worry and I will probably do that forever. However, its always good to follow-up with your doctor. He is the best person to tell you what's happening with you...we're all different.

Good Luck and take care!
    Patricia
  • i know for me i still have the problemthat u described plus a few others. mine i think are mostly due to damage to my spinal cord before surgery. i agree with patricia this is what i consider my new normal and hope it isnt a new problem requiring surgery. my ns has told me that after the one year post op, things are about as good as it gets. good luck and i will say a prayer for u.
  • thanks..got an appt next week..it feels worse today..that pulling,weird pinchy feeling down near my shoulder blade kinda..man i hope its nothing bad..or if it is a slipped disc that its moderate enough to treat with non surgical methods..
advertisement