Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

some extras that go along with a ssdi award letter

24-7 stiff neck224-7 stiff neck Posts: 196
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Water Cooler
hi all my fellow spineys,

some of us are already getting ssdi while others are still trying to get their award letter from social security. i have only been awarded for a few months now, but i have found out a few things that are available to us. some of the items i am going to list can be obtained before a ssdi award letter by your doctor giving u a letter.

please help with adding extras because i only know of a few.

1. u can get a free "access pass" from any National Park that gives u free entrance to all the National Parks, Monuments, etc... this pass is also good for a 50% discount for camping at National Forest Service Campgrounds.

2. u can usually get a free entrance pass in the state where u live for the State Parks.

3. u can get medicare / medicade health coverage not sure how this works?

4. u can get a handicap vehicle license plate for your vehicles.

5. u can get a free or reduced fishing license.

i hope this helps others and wish u post more of the free things that go along with a ssdi award letter.
advertisement

Comments

• This was some really good info. I have been rejected twice and now I am waiting for a hearing. How long did it take you to get your disability? Where is your spinal problems...cervical? Have you had surgery?

I would love to hear all you went through!

Thanks and God Bless!

Cathy
  • it took me about 5 months to be awarded ssdi as i can remember. i amsorry u were not sucessful but keep going forward with it. i used a n attoney that specializes inssdi and he really help me through the process. i had neck surgery which was 10.5hours long about 2 yrs ago and have plating for fusion c3-c7. its along story but i thank God everyday for still being alive and walking!