Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What meds for what symptoms?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi all,

I just had a endoscopic disectomy last week and was up and about the same day but will have pains for awhile...and possibly if it doesn't get better another surgery. I have naproxen that I was taking 500mg twice a day, oxy that I was taking at night or as needed for severe pain, and tizanidine, muscle relaxer, that I used to take at night. I want to take a little as possible since I was taking it almost everyday up until the surgery and want to know if the surgery is working. However, I am having ongoing tingling throughout the whole leg, achy pains throughout the legs and sometimes butt and some back pain in the back. And I have no idea what to take for this and what to avoid to min. meds.

Thoughts?

Angela
advertisement

Comments

• Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• just wanted to stop by to say sorry your hurting, not all people respond the same to pain after a op. 1 person is going to be up and ready to go without pain or min pain in a week some a few weeks.
    your early out if it was only a week ago. even though it was just a disectomy/endoscopic its still surgery hunny.
    fingers crossed you do not have to have another op.

i did this for a few days i mean im a fusion pt so different pain. but i wanted to actually see what my pain levels were and if i was just imagining if the meds were doing there job or not.
    umm yeah they were. i had to suffer not taking them for a few hours and then letting them kick in. but i found out my true pain level.

please ck out the link bruce gave you it has helpful info.
    any other questions ask away!!

hang in there we are here for you for any type of support you need which you already know, but i will say it anyway :D
    take care
    terri O:)
This discussion has been closed.