Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C Stenosis and compression without injury

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi guys. As many of you know I have been having migratory shooting pains all in my body (finger, toe, ankle, shins, spine) for 4 months along with buzzing and now muscle twitches-non stop.

I am puzzled how I could have "reversal of my cervical lordosis", canal stenosis and compression on the cord. I dont ever recall injuring myself. Is this something that could just happen over time/age? I am only 33....

Also does anyone know what cerbellar tonsilar herniation means? It reads I dont have this...which is good I think?!
advertisement

Comments

• Hi k....
    In my own experience with a C4-5 protrusion pushing against the spinal cord, I did not have a traumatic injury to cause this. I spent too much time thinking about it, trying to figure out what I did to make this happen. I finally realized that all that thinking was just a waste of time. None of my doctors were concerned with the cause either. Then I focused my energy on healing and getting better. Prevention for me is now about core strengthening. Maybe it will prevent another herniation, maybe not, but this is the only thing that I know to be potentially beneficial.

Good Luck to you and take care.
    Patricia
  • Hi k--I didn't have a traumatic injury cause my cervical problems. I had a few falls over the years, but nothing I didn't recover from quickly. Many of us have problems caused by age and wear and tear. I also spent time crying over "how did this happen to me?" I even noticed docs putting notes in my files that I was "obsessed with how this happened." I've always been very active, and I still am. It's taken a while for me to accept it. You are really young--only 33! Keep us posted, and good luck!
  • Think you will find both stenosis and compression can be results from DDD and/or spondylosis. It is all about degrees, your symptoms, willingness to live with it and how your doctors feel. Further research and I think you will find most everyone by the age of 40-50 has these issues which are discovered via MRI. I started in my 30's as well. Doc's not too worried about any of it.

Jeff
  • Im 29 and to nervous to have surgery. My Doc said DDD so I guess im stuck with this.
advertisement