Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain meds

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello, I was wondering how many are still on pain meds after surgery? I had surgery and weened off the meds, and have just as much pain now as before the surgery.
advertisement

Comments

• was your surgery? I did the same thing after one of mine and realized that it was not time to do that. Healing had to happen.
    julie
  • I am still on pain medication 6 years on, :''( and have been told i will always be on them @) , everyone is different though :? , and everyone heals differently. :)

Angie :)
  • NS told me he needs to operate again. I guess this is the reason for the pain not going away. Just wondering if these surgerys are for preventive measures or to completely relieve all your pain symptoms. From what I have read, it seems like alot of it is to stop any further damage to your spinal cord. I guess this is the situation I am in.
    Thank you all for your help.
  • Hi, :H

Ok still confused. :/ :/ :/
    What type of surgery did you have??
    At what levels??
    When was the date of the orginal surgery?
    And why does the NS feel the need to operate again?

Sorry for all the questions. But it does help us understand your situation a little bit better. So that we can help you with your journey through all of this.

Like everyone mentioned sometimes we are on meds for a long time.
    Some ppl have very successful surgery and well never need them for a long time.
    It just depends on what type of surgery you had.
    Things that went wrong with that surgery.
    And the cause of your pain.

If ya could get back to us and give a little more history it will be so much easier to answer your question with our own personal experiances with spinal issues.

Take care
    Terri O:)
advertisement