Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone experience frozen shoulder after surgery??

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hello everyone, as some of you know i had rotary cuff surgery done on 8-21st. i recently started P.T. on Fri. Oct. 17th. they are starting me on aqua therapy first, very little motion. my shoulder is so painful, SWOLLEN! my therapist could not believe how much swelling after all this time. she was shocked to believe i just got out of my shoulder harness last wk. i am in so much pain, tender to the touch, cannot move it above my arm hardly at all. the pain is decending to my cervical, badly, and from my neck back to my shoulder. i am having so much muscle spasms, shooting pain down my arms, numbness. i still cannot put on a jacket, or robe, or get dressed without help. it has been 2 mths. since my surgery. and i feel i should be further along than this. my physical therapist is very nice, i like her, the one for aqua therapy that is. she seems very caring. she told me i am in for a long road! she said we have got to get that inflammation down, because it also slows down the healing. i am upset with my O.S. , because all he gave me was darvocet, and said start p.t. for 12 wks. i should be on some kind of drug for inflammation, i have had enough surgeries to know this. he did not even look at my shoulder on my last visit. i see him again on 11-7. the thing of it is i am looking at cervical surgery also . my NS wants to see me after i am all done with this dr. the upper pain, and burning, along with frozen shoulder is to say the least not good. i am in pain everyday, and cry from time to time because i am so tired, and can't hardly move. thank god i am on prozac also. i know my children, and husband are tired of seeing me suffer. my husband is good to me, the best he knows how. i am sorry for going on about this, i know you all understand. please are there any responses? i would love to hear from you . i am feeling very lonely in all of this. Always LEO :SS (|:
advertisement

Comments

• Leocat:

I am a bit confused, did you have surgery other than the surgery on your shoulder?

I had a TLIF on my back. Several months later I had a very sore shoulder, just short of frozen shoulder. I had very limited mobility and weakness. At PT they said is could be from the way I was positioned on the operating table. I didn't "buy" that because it didn't hurt at first and it had been quite a while since surgery. I started some shoulder exercises that they gave me to do at home. I was also on anti inflammatory medication. My surgeon ordered an MRI but about that time I started to feel improvement and I didn't get the MRI. I was surprised that, in time, it got much better, pretty much on it's own. Everyone I talked to said to give it time.

Ellen