Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OMG I just can't take it....

araineaaraine Posts: 152
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My neck has been bothering me for 5 days now. Hurting in just that area where it goes into the skull, where you cannot reach it. It's causing me to have headaches, and yesterday and this morning I have had the worst migraine I have ever experienced in my life.....I was getting sick and everything. I tried taking medicine, but it didn't touch it. I just don't know what to do, I even had to call into work today. Someone...please...help..... :O
advertisement

Comments

• That you go see your doctor as soon as you can.
  • sorry your suffering.
    i would also get into a dr a.s.a.p or the E.R. i know E.R's are a pain and sometimes your there for awhile but they will be able to scan your head and make you comfortable and figure out whats causing the pain.
    and the fastest way to get treated and in a bed is by ambulance. especially if you live in a town where its vol services its free!!!!
    then you can have someone pick you up afterwards.

don't mess with headaches like that hun. especially since the pain has been going on for 5 days.
    good luck your in my thoughts!!
    let us know
    >:D< :* O:) O:) O:)
  • Hiya Araine, >:D<
    Aww sorry that you are suffering :O , no one deserves to suffer, but araine please go and see the doctor as soon as you can :) .
    Let us know how you get on >:D< . You can PM me to if you need me :) .

Angie :H x
  • Araine

Please get to the doctor or ER asap. Having a headache/migraine for 5 Days is not good. Normally pain/migraine meds will work in that time. As its been said if you can get there by ambulance that might help, especially as you are being sick etc.

I had a migraine that lasted 4 days, in the end I said to my husband I wanted to chop off my head to relieve the pressure. He knew I was in a bad way. I lost colour vision and started slurring my words. He took me to A&E (ER) and they saw me straight away. The doctors gave me a couple of injections, one for the sickness and one for the pain. It was the only way I was going to get meds into me. They sent me for scans and found out I had cranial pressure in my sinus's. I can sympathise with your pain hunnie.

Have you tried a cold compress on your neck, head? I use a flannel (face cloth) and I also have a gel eye mask that I keep in the fridge. I find they help a little bit to ease the pain, I guess the cold acts as a numbing agent.

Please know that we are thinking of you and hope you get the help you need to get the pain under control.

Please keep us updated, we are thinking of you and sending you lots of good wishes and gentle hugs.

Love Danni oxo
advertisement