Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update on my c spine stenosis etc

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi guys, well my neuro (who is a dud) did not help too much today. When I asked him if the c4/5 compression could be the cause for my random body pains, buzzing and twitches he said, well maybe just a little tingling. Then I told him my primary wants me to see a NS. He then said, well is it bothering you? I said, I dont know YOU tell me-again, I am having radom pains in my hands, toes, ankles, buzzing etc.. He then said, well if its bothering you then you will need surgery. Laugh. He is the worst! Going to ANOTHER neuro tomorrow for another opinion while I wait to get in to see the NS>
advertisement

Comments

• Wow, he could have offered a little more insight for you couldn't he? :? Sheesh. I'm glad you're getting that second opinion. Let us know what they say!
  • Exactly, it was like I was leading him. That is just how he is-going to see another neuro which I dont care for much either. When all of my pains and buzzing etc started she did a basic office exam and said "its anxiety, take this medication". She didnt even order ANY tests-my primary is the one that has been doing so! So, not sure I will have much luck with her--though I will hopefully get something since I will bring my slides of my neck w me.
  • I would think the Neuro would want to see EMG reports and as you say order a few more just to consider surgery. I think it is common for people with stenosis and compression issues to have the symptoms that you have, maybe (hopefully) you will find you have a long ways to go before surgery. Many options to explore.

Good luck,

Jeff