Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Osteoporosis

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Osteoporosis and Fractures
I think its Osteoporosis day today , not sure...wish you all well who suffer from osteoporosis. >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you get better, Angie. Dont give up hope, be brave. Im sure your doc had a reason for still sending you to physio aerobics and if you dont think hes doing a good job try going to someone else. >:D<
    Peace.
  • Hiya jane, Welcome to Spine health, the thing is jane i am losing faith in doctors.

Angie x
  • Dear Angie,

So sorry to hear of your problem. If you think part of the problem might be osteoporosis, you might be interested in my story:

I am a 51 year old male with osteoporosis. I had been taking Fosamax for five or six years, and became concerned about the long term effects. I was made aware that it inhibits the osteoclasts, which break down old bone, so that new bone can be formed by the osteoblasts. Thus, old bone stays in place, and grows old and brittle. Density may increase for a while, but plateaus, then becomes weaker, even if it may be some denser.
    I found a Chinese Herbal Medicine called Xianling Gubao. It is under evaluation by our FDA, and is expected to be approved in a couple of years. Clinical trial results show it to be equal in effectiveness to Boniva and Fosamax. It is approved by the Chinese FDA, and is the most prescribed osteoporosis medicine in China.
    My dexa scan was improved last time, after being on the down swing since I stopped Fosamax. I started a new testosterone treatment at the same time, which raised my test. level, so I can't say for sure that it is the Xianling Gubao, but the clinical trials show good improvement.
    I have a source for the OTC version. Give me an e-mail if you are interested.
    Best regards,
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Edmonds
    mikedmonds@verizon.net

Praying God's blessings on you!
    MIke
  • Hiya >:D< Welcome to Spine health :D thankyou for your reply :? I am sorry that you have been suffering for a long time >:D< what you are saying is very interesting :? If it is that, thats worked for you then that is good news =D> Is there anyway you could go to your family doctor and askfor a blood test to see if it is that? :? I would not be able to try it as i have to many health problems and amon far tomuch medication to meddle :S At the moment i have been having chest pains :''( (i have had an ECG that was clear i am told it could be the fibro) i also have flu like symtoms but havnt got flu if that makes sense :S I have got an infection in my right foot, which has caused me to lose some normal function :( and the back pain , well i can not get that under control at all, i am in constant pain, ~X( i take my tablets and get relief for a couple of hours, #:S then im in just as much pain again :''( Anyway if you want to keep me posted do so, or PM me if you want to :H

Angie x :H :D
advertisement