Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELLO I AM NEW

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
My first time here. Hi all.
I am a chronic cervical, thorasic, lumbar and everywhere else sufferer.
I have had neck fusion ( 2004)and have screws and plates there, and go off at the airport like a terrorist.
In 1994 I was the victim of a car accident where I was hit behind.. and it started the ball rolling... I was only 44 then.....
In 1997 I had 6 lumbar fusions and lamenectomies with the discs done, and have 2 sets of bi lateral baxt titanium cages.and spent one yr. in a full body cast for that.... and in 2005 had a full right hip replacement done with femur etc...
I am now having spinal epidurals for my lower back on the left side. As my pain management Anesteologist calls my back... the junk yard.
The last severasl weeks I have added a new pain to the batch- acute muscle cramping- enough to absolutely faint over and to writhe in agony.
I take tons of vitamins and do eat good, am not heavy at all and ... here is the clincher- I ride full time- yes on horses. It is how I live my little life.
The muscle cramping is scaring me more than the cronic pain.
Susie
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health.....
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. are you using any medications for your pain and cramping? ~X( i take vitamins and supplements as well. they make me feel strong and i have grown back alot of my falling hair and broken nails. we have some other people here who ride horses. perhaps they will stop by. good luck with your pain treatments. Jenny :)
  • First off I have to say your horses are gorgeous! WOW!

Okay, now I can say Welcome to Spine Health! Sorry that your "junk yard" of a spine brought you here, but glad you made it. I hope you find some answers, comfort and friendships here.

Where are you getting the muscle cramping? Is this something that you haven't experienced before? Have you spoken to the PM doc about it? How long has it been going on? Is there anything in particular that brings this on, even time of day? What if anything do you do to relieve the cramping?

I suffer greatly from muscle spasms in neck and shoulders due to complications from surgery on my c-spine in June 2007. I have tried acupuncture, ice, dry and moist heat, massage (only once and not very successfully), meditation, yoga ... something else I can't think of right now, and I finally got a modicum of relief when started on Baclofen. I have since been switched over to Zanaflex which works quite a bit better for me.

In the summer of 2005 after having just survived a round of 7 lower back surgeries and open wound healing, I felt like I was being torn in half by the spasms. Muscle relaxers were ineffective, so the doc used Botox every 3 months for about a year as the muscles and my back healed. My lower back feels great now and takes lots of abuse without much complaining.

Your story about your first horse is very heartwarming.

Welcome,

"C"

• Hiya Susie, >:D<
    Welcome to Spine Health. >:D< I was going to say we can help and advise you on our personal experiences :? , but you have been through a rough time and are probably more experienced than we are :) . Susie i have to admire you, you are a credit to us all O:) . You keep going, and riding you horses B) , which are beautiful 8> . Check out the chat room here, hope to chat to you soon :) .

Angie x :H

Oh by the way, i get real bad cramping :''( , and it kind of grabs the whole of my leg :''( , mainly my right side :( .
  • It sure sounds as if you have really been through the ringer. I am so sorry to hear about that but am glad that you found us. You will find lots of friendly folks here that will understand and support you. You are not alone. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
advertisement