Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM CINHOO?

stockbrokersstockbroker Posts: 464
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Pain Management
CINHOO HAD SCS SURGERY AT THE BEGINNING OF OCTOBER. SHE POSTED JUST AFTER THE SURGERY THAT SHE WASN'T FEELING WELL ADN THEN--NADA!I PM'D HER AND DIDN'T GET A REPLY. EITHER THAT STIMULATOR IS WORKING GREAT AND SHE'S OUT ENJOYING LIFE OR....NOT. ANTWAY, I'M FIND OF WORRIED. CINHOO? ANYBODY? HOW ARE THINGS GOING?
advertisement

Comments

• But, do keep us posted if you hear from her, okay?

Thanks!

Jeaux
  • I'M SO SORRY I HAVE NOT CHECKED IN, I LOST MY PASSWORD,
    GOT THAT SOLVED. EVERYTHING IS GREAT, MY PAIN LEVEL IS AT
    3, IT'S BEEN NICE NOT GOING TO WORK, DOING ALOT OF READING AND KNITTING. I SEE MY PROGRAMMER TODAY TO GET IT TWEEKED,
    I'M DOWN TO TAKING ONE NORCO A DAY, I CANT BELIEVE WHAT A
    DIFFERENCE IT TO BE ALMOST PAIN FREE. I FEEL I CAN GET BACK
    INVOLVED IN THE THINGS I LOVE. THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR
    WARM WISHES. THIS IS A GREAT FORUM, IVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM
    ALL OF YOU. IWILL KEEP IN TOUCH.
    CINDI >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

• So glad to hear that you are doing well and that your pain level has decreased so much! I just want to encourage you to take it easy for awhile longer to give your leads enough time to scar in. I would hate for your leads to slip when you are doing so well...
    Have a great week!
  • I am this close to being jealous. But mostly so very, very happy for you =D> =D> =D> . And, yes - most definitely TAKE IT EASY A BIT LONGER!!! Don't un-do everything you've worked so hard for!

Take care, hon!

Jeaux

• HI EVERYONE
    I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YOU AN UPDATE, THINGS ARE GOING WELL
    I START BACK TO WORK TOMARROW,I'M READY. THE SCS IS WORKING
    LIKE A CHARM, NO PROBLEMS. BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION,
    DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A MED-ALERT ID. I WAS THINKING THAT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA. WHERE AND HOW DO I GET ONE. WHAT ARE
    YOUR THOUGHTS.
    HAVE A PAINLESS DAY
    CINDI
  • I'm glad you're healing well. I've seen medalert bracelets in pharmacies. Not sure if that's so in the states but in Canada most pharmacies have them. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU! AND SUPER-GREAT THAT THINGS ARE GOING SO WELL. I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. HOW LONG DID YOU STAY IN THE HOSPITAL? WAS IT A "DAY SURGERY"? DID YOU JUST KIND OF HAVE TO TAKE IT EASY WHILE YOUR BACK IS FORMING THE SCAR TISSUE TO HOLD EVERYTHING IN PLACE? WHY WOULD YOU THINK A MEDIALERT BRACELET WOULD BE NECESSARY? I THINK I WOULDN'T WANT TO RUIN THE "ACCESSORIZATION" OF MY OUTFIT! SUSAN
  • You should have gotten an ID card from the company that explains you have a medical implant. Mine has the explanation in 6 different languages.

It's awesome to hear how well you are doing and that your SCS has been a fantastic success!

"C"
  • Hi Cindi,
    Just wanted to stop by and wish you continued success!!
    That is just such awesome news about your pain control. Amazing something like that can control pain to a minimum!!

The card is good and you should have it like "C" said. The bracelet is also a good idea. This only coming from somone who took care of people in a ambulance.
    Like there was plenty of times we did not know someone had a pacemaker when having to use the defib machine and welll we had to look for it. As some of the newer ones do not stick out as much.
    So yeah good idea when your out and about to have one on ya.

I hope your pain stays at bay for a very long time!!!!
    Terri ;) =D> =D> =D> =D> I think I'm a bit jealous to :D :D :*

P.S. "C" how is yours working for pain my love buggy???
  • I wear a medical alert bracelet or a medical alert watch for my SCS whenever I leave the house. I'd hate to wake up on the wrong side of an MRI machine if I couldn't speak up about it.

Personally, I don't care much for the standard look of the medical alert bracelets. I wanted something prettier 8> so I purchased a medic alert charm that had room to engrave and had it custom engraved at a gift store in the mall. With that, I can attach it to just about any bracelet I choose to wear and the engraved instructions direct them to look for my Medtronic ID card.

I also have a small tag attached to my SCS remote control case. On the front it has the medical alert emblem and on the back it is engraved with my name, phone number, that it's a medical device, and that there's a cash reward for returning it if it's found.
  • THAT'S WHY THIS FORUM IS SO INCREDIBLY WORTHWHILE. NONE OF THIS WOULD EVER HAVE ENTERED MY MIND. NOW I'LL BE PREPARED. (I'M FEELING IMPATIENT.)
advertisement