Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

frustrated

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Yesterday was my very last physical therapy appointment and with great timing. For the past few days the horrible pinching in my right shoulder, pain across the clavicle and that awful burning in the area where the neck meet the shoulder has been relentless. I let the therapist know about it and she starts poking and proding along the top of my shoulder blade and up under my arms where the ribs are. Everywhere she's touching is just so painful. She has someone else over to look at me to get their opinion. She tells me that my SC joint (sternoclavicular)is in a posterier position on that right side. To be clear she has looked at this area before but just not as in depth as yesterday. I told my chiropractor of this pain and he said it was scar tissue causing it but the therapist says that it's not and that it isn't disc related either. She said that at my next follow up appointment I need to ask the doctor to take a very close look at both the ac and sc joints on that side!
My frustration lies in the fact that after all of this time spent with the physical therapist and a chiro (I only had 3 visits with him) that nothing is resolved here and at the end I just added more crap to the ongoing list. I asked the therapist if I should contact a neurosurgeon and she said that even though it wouldn't hurt to try that path, when you start throwing surgery into the equation you're talking lots of money and said if she were me, she'd use the money instead to join the gym and strengthen my core.
advertisement

Comments

• I have figured out that I will get a different opinion from every person I ask. I never know with some of them if they are right, or if their ego has caused them to say things they shouldn't have said in the first place. I don't know who is qualified to make these diagnosis in the first place so whom do we trust?
    A physical therapist I had after my first two surgeries just shook his head in disgust when he had found out I had two more surgeries and oh my gosh with the same surgeon (one I do trust). And yet this guy is the same one who said in advance, that after my fusion you will only have to see me a couple of times since you already know how to rehab yourself. How can you determine treatment before you know an outcome?
    Get a plan together. Find a doctor you can trust and have done the tests you need to confirm or not what has been suggested is your possible issue. That may show you in the end who knows what they are talking about. Good luck.
    Julie