Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain, muscular I think

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
In August 2006 I had my third posterior lumbar fusion, L3-L4-L5. Since that time I have lower back pain. I don't think its a problem with the surgery but muscular. It hurts everyday, esp. when I get up in the morning, or do some exercise or try to rake leaves or any work for that matter. I work in the yard for maybe 15-30 minutes and it hurts a lot. Even hurts after 15 minutes if walking. Has anyone been experiencing the same of have any ideas as to treatment? Many thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• Of course the first question is - have you spoken with your doc about this?

I'm still pre-surgery. I've started taking 4mg Zanaflex before be and it makes mornings alot more bearable. Its not as strong as Flexeril as muscle relaxants go. Mornings are the worst for me (as I type away at 7am on a Saturday) when I first get out of bed its so painful but even before that I'm sore.

Anyhow, their may be a better phys therapy type recommendation but this is just my 2 cents.
  • I think you're doing great after all those surgeries. I wish I was able to do yard work. I had 2, last being a TLIF/laminectomy, and I'm damned if I do, and damned if I do :) It hurts to do anything. Even laying in bed typing hurts, but I don't mind. It's entertainment for me and stress relief.
    A lot of people here, including myself, take muscle relaxers to calm the spasms. Mine get worse by driving, walking, and standing. Also sitting is a big problem.
    Just take it easy and try not to overdo things. If it gets worse, call and let the doctor know. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.