Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

having both sides of SI joints injected today

karenckkarenc Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Spinal Injections
good morning!

i am having both sides of my SI joints injected today. not scared like i was the first go around. my dr is great and last time i didnt feel a thing so i think i will be just fine. i am hoping though that she will increasing my kadian this time because last time was the first time i tried it and it just wasnt enough to do the job. she started me out at 10mg 2x daily but with perocet 10's for break thru but i had to really depend on the percocet because its just not enough to do it. lets hope it works this time. keep your fingers crossed for me! have a great day everyone!

karenc :H :D >:D< :) B)
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck Karen today with your injections.
    Lucky you to get both done at one time.
    If they did mine at one time I'd be carried out in a bowl just like jello =)) They make my leg go numb which is kinda cool for the day butttttttttt can't have both numb at the same time :jawdrop:
    Hope they fix your meds for ya so you can have the proper pain relief.
    Let us know when you get home how things went if your able.

Take care
    Terri >:D< O:)
  • thanks terri!
    you are a sweetie!

talk to you soon!
    karenc
  • I'm having both sides of l4/5 injected today. My first one was not a good experience so I'm very nervous about doing this again. My PM prescribed a valium to help me this time since it was that bad last week.

Hope yours work well and you get lots of relief!
  • same here for you!
    mine gave me this shot in my iv of valium or something like it and heck i was happy! lol dont worry about a thing, just go in there and get that all over with and go home and relax for the rest of the day.

be careful and have a great day!
    karenc
  • Karen,
    I just had trigger point injections yesterday, they didn't do a thing for me, so the next thing is bilateral sj injections. I've had the epidurals, not fun, and shoulder injections, but I imagine those aren't quite the same as the sj injections are. My Dr. gave me a script for valium too..I'm not looking forward to this, but if it can finally eliminate this pain, I'll go for it!
    I hope yours go well, and work for you too. Let us know how it went....
    Sagehen
  • hi everyone,
    i had my si injections done wed and it all went really well. i did have some pain in the right side yesterday that went all the way down to my heel. the dr said to put ice on it (20min on and 20 off) so i went home and did that and took my pain meds and had a good night. back at work again today with less pain in that side and leg than yesterday but i am sure that given time over the weekend even that will get better. sagehen, dont stress over having it done, its not bad at all!! the worst part of the whole this is feeling the meds go in at the area needed and that's it. it just burns some but nothing even i cant handle. you'll do great!! dont worry you will be fine. :D >:D< :) have a great day and weekend everyone! all the best, karenc
  • sagehen

I might be the extreme/rare case but these injections can be painful. I don't want to scare you or keep you from changing your mind but in all honesty mine hurt like he!!. I wasn't completely back to pre-injection pain before the second one. Thanks to valium, vicodin, celebrex, and hubby being allowed to go in with me the second one was a little better but I'm still not feeling much improvement yet. Am still hoping and praying that I will in a few more days. My PM said it can be 24 - 48 hours of worse pain and 3 to 5 days before the cortisone works.

I hope you don't think I'm being negative or trying to freak you out. I'm not. But I'm being honest with you about my experience. Giving birth two times with back labor both times was easier for ME.

Good Luck to you! I hope you get relief!!!
  • hi!
    i am doing fine today and had a pretty good weekend, pain wise. you didnt scare me. i know what you mean about having kids, i have 3 and went thru all different kinds of labor with each. doing some better today but with the cold weather setting in, it should get interesting! thanks to everyone!
    karenc
  • Glad you're doing well!!! I'm still on the fence about this last injection. It wasn't as painful as the first one but I'm still not seeing much in the way of improvement. Hopefully soon.
  • well i am in the same boat as you but i know that with my case, the weather is getting worse and i know when that happens my pain is worse so i try to look at it like what it "could be" right now more than what it really is. cause the weather was warmer and less damp before i had this done and i dont feel as bad as i did this time last year so maybe i did see more improvement than what i think i have so far. as long as i am able to go and get around then i call it a good day no matter how i got it! lol :D hope you are feeling good, i hope that for all of you too!

have a great day!
    karenc
advertisement