Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

going for MRI less than 3 months post-op

dbullwinkelddbullwinkel Posts: 224
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had cervical surgery done July 31st...recovery was going along fine until october 3rd when I did a new exercise in PT. Numbness and pain in arm returned and increase in neck pain. Last night was like I never had surgery: up walking the floors crying in pain with my right arm, neck and numb.
I called doctor this am...he is requesting authorization for MRI. I am really upset. I have bulges above and below the fusion; I am so worried I did something to one of those discs during exercise or there is a problem with the fusion...but for now I am stopping PT until I know what is going on in there. And afraid to go to sleep tonight because I fear being wakened by this horrendous pain X( I just want to get back to my life...
advertisement

Comments

• I too had P/T. It started at the 4 week mark I believe. I did not like it because the ice hurt & the heated tens was good whiile lying on it. By the time I got to my car the pain would be worse.The neck massages hurt. My last visit it was my 3rd. She did a myofacial massage technique. My whole right side went numb & tingly. My surgeon told me no more P/T as long as I do my stretches at home. Now he says I can have massage therapy as soon as I find someone that I am comfortable with. He had no suggestions.
    He didn't do an MRI & won't order one until next month if I'm not getting better. He tells me that I am fully fused now at just 2 months.
    I too have problems with the 2 discs above. Wondering what my future holds.
    Let us know what the MRI says. I feel so bad for your pain. I hope you do get some rest.
    Thinking of you.
    Kim
  • Kim.. my PT is only for my arms..doctor wants nothing done for my neck. He said do not let them touch you! But, regardless if it is only for my arms I called and told them I would not be there until I knew what is going on. I honestly don't feel it is helping me at all. I walk daily and keep myself active. I will express this to him when I see him to discuss the mri (waiting for workers comp approval).
    I am sorry for your pain as well..it is frustrating to go through such major surgery and not feel well after.