Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post op L5 S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello, I have been reading the posts and thought I would see if anyone can give some advice. I had a discectomy last Tuesday ( I needed the fusion but was too chicken to go through with it). I had a lot of old debris inpacted and a lot of new that came out after suffering for 5 years only did I decide surgery was because of falling so much due to week foot. Anyways the post op pain is horrible! I still have numbness and little use of my left foot but all the pain in my foot and leg are gone. The problem is I have a all new pain in my lowe back and hips that has me having to take lortab 10 every 6 hours along with a muscle relaxer 3 times aday that really doesn't help. The pain feels as though I have been kicked by a mule and horrible muscle spasms and it feels as if someone is sawing a nerve when I try to get out of bed. I have had a total of 6 hours or less sleep these passed 8 days. They tell me walking is the key but who can walk with pain like this. I have already fallen once coming out of the Dr. office after getting stitches out! I am begiining to think life will never be back to normal. The pain before surgery was nothing like what I have now! For those who have had this how long does it take for this pain to let up. The only comfort I can get is to sit in a straight back chair but who can sleep like that! Please any comforting advice would be appreciated! I feel as though I'm alone for my friends and family tell me to suck it up that it all will eventually go back to normal that I am just being a big baby! Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this post!

pjpotamuss
advertisement

Comments

• More pain post op ....I would followup with the Dr. If he can not help I would be getting second opinions.

JMO

Harry
  • I would contcat the doctor too - they know what they did during the procedure and whether the pain is the usual post op flare kinda spasm reaction.

Try heat / cold packs....see if any help.

Don't sit for too long either - I am surprised you can!
    I hope some other SH members can help too.
    I am a fusion so not familiar with your operation.

Take Care