Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this thing...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi guys and gals, im new to the forum so thought i'd just introduce myself. Im 23 and live in the UK. I've had chronic back pain now for nearly 3 years caused by disk degeneration at L4/5 level and have undergone most of the obvious treatments around. I think this site is a really good idea and would like to speak to peeps to see how they are dealing generally with their pain and how they find relief on a day to day basis...any hints tips and suggestions will be greeted with open arms!!

Anywho, im rambling so will say adios for now! :H

advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Ruth >:D<
    Welcome to Spine health >:D< We can give you advice and guidence based on our personal experiences only :''( , as we are not medically trained in this area :) . I am also from the UK O:) . Check out the chat room here :O . Hope to see you around to speak to :? . Oh i am also an L4/L5 spiney as you can see from my signature >:D< .

Angie :H
  • :) i and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we have alot in common. i have DDD at that level and am using conservative measures to control my pain. meds, exercise, stretching and vitamins have helped me. coming to the forum has changed my life! i know it is a daily battle. the foggy, cold weather is moving into the beach now and that really makes me hurt more. :''( good luck with your pain control! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • I am so sorry to see another young person suffering from back problems. Please take a look around the board and I am sure that you will find lots of ways to deal with your pain. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Hiya Angie,

Thanks for your response, i am also a fellow Brummie! I havent really had too much time to go over this site as i only have access to it at work so apologies for my late reply. Its so nice to speak to others going through the same or similar problems, you tend to get to a point with your pain when you think "i wish other people would understand" - alas, im not alone!!

Take care, speak soon.

Ruth :H

x

• Hiya Jenny, thanks for your reply! I totally agree with you on that one, now the weather is getting more chilly and the mornings have more of a bite my movements are starting to slow down too - i feel like im 60 not 23!

You said you take vitamins to help, are there any in particular which help with your pain control?

Anywho, i hope you're well...take care!

• Hi Ruth, I am very new here too. I hurt my lower back 4 yrs ago while at work (RN). I have asked a neurosurgeon in our hospital about what vitamins could I take for my back pain. And he advised me to take Magnesium Calcium combination, and said this will help with the muscle spasms, 1 tablet a day.
    Hope you will feel much better. When I was at work, friends would ask me how my pain was, I can't explain it to them really. You can't relate to someone who does not have the same pain as you have, so I just told them it's not that bad.
  • Hey Honeybee (whats your real name btw?) ...many thanks for getting back to me so quickly, i will have a look for some of those vitamins you have suggested and give them a try. You are too true about when people as how you are at work - you find yourself saying im fine before you've even had chance to really think about the question - it kinda turns into a default reply doesnt it?! Im just watching the clock now as i've still 2 hours left in the office and the pain is really coming on fast, cant wait to get home and be reunited with my ice pack!!

Hope you're well, take care.

• Hi Ruth,
    You can call me Helen, that's my first name, real name. It makes me smile whenever I hear the word honey, so I just added the word bee to the honey, huh! :) And yes, you are so right about the default reply, it is easier to say you are doing ok, when someone asks you about how you are feeling esp w/ the backpain. Can't explain how tingling sensation feels like to them, they might think it's like somebody tickling your feet or legs.
    Ok, you take care, London is getting chilly, here too (I'm in Kuwait), keep your self warm!
  • Thanks for your reply...this site is an absolute god send dont you think!! Unfortunatley i do not have the internet at home so have to try and steal a few moments every now and then while im at work. I hope you're keeping well.

advertisement