Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

having surgery tuesday...know nothing...help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
am having surgery tuesday...he is using plastic to replace 2 discs..is this good? i am getting new mri on friday and pre op...then go in tues. without even seeing him again..
need thoughts..should i demand to see him one more time?
advertisement

Comments

• Does this mean artificial disc of some sort brtyler? Are you a "neckkie" or a back person? What is your diagnosis? Tell me a bit more so that I can give some feedback, if any. Needless to say, I hope all goes well.
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABSOLUTELY ASK TO SEE HIM AGAIN!!! My docs staff are the worst in the world about getting messages to him and stuff and they cancelled my appointment the other day knowing I had questions so I got tired of it and exploded on them and I got to see the doc. DO NOT LET THEM CUT ON YOU UNLESS ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED! You are the one getting cut on after all. it is non reversible, get your questions answered and the doctor IS obligated to talk to you or find you another doctor.
  • I am going to have a fusion at C5C6 and the new NS told me he would use a plastic plug. I wonder if that is what he is talking about? He said they put the plug there instead of bone and fills it it with bone marrow that will thus start the fusion process. Hopefully someone can fill us in on this. I was in such a state of shock that I couldn't even come up with any decent questions.
    Good luck to you, Bethy
  • HELLO MY DEAR
    ANY NEWS ABOUT YOUR FUSION AS IT SEEMS THAT I WILL DO THE SAME FUSION SOON IN HE SAME AREA AS YOU.
    THANKS =((
advertisement