Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nother Noobie

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,

I am a 38 year old male in the military and have a jacked back.

Many years of Martial Arts and "rough" treatment of my body has ended up with bulging disks with anular(sp) tears. I have been diagnosed with DDD and MAJOR sciatic referral pain. I have been through everything, (PT, Steroids, Chiro, Injections, Branch block, Radio frequency, etc..) Military doctor TX is discectomy at L5-S1 and possible fusion of same. Civilian doctor TX is disc replacement at L5-S1. Waiting for Uncle Sam to decide what to do. Meanwhile, I have been accused of "Exagerating" my pain level in order to get Narc pain medications that don't really work and told to suck it up. All of those substance abusers out there ruin it for everyone who actually has pain.

signed

Frustrated
advertisement

Comments

• Many of us are on narcotic medication for pain as this is what the Doctor ordered. I tried without and felt like giving up for sure as the pain is unbearable. I have a second opinion with orthosurgeon in January, until then I'm content to have most of the pain relieved by meds. I hope you get some pain relief. See you around. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i want to thank you for your service for me and everyone else. =D> i am sorry the US military is not treating you right. we hear of these horrow stories all the time and it is such a shame. you know your pain is real so don't let anyone of those know-it-alls tell you any different. good luck and stay close to the forum if you can. we care about you and you will meet and make new friends who feeel as you do!! thank you again! Jenny :)
  • You are certainly not alone in being accused of being a drug seeker. many folks here have gone through the same thing that you have. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Welcome to s.h. and a special thank you for serving us in this USA. We hope to serve you.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement