Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trouble chewing: can it be connected to neck pain????????

dbullwinkelddbullwinkel Posts: 224
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been posting about the return of severe pre-surgical pain since my july 31st surgery. the return of pain started 10/3 following a pt session. I am waiting for approval from workers comp for mri.

BUT.......last nite something "clicked" literally! I have been having (can't remember when it started) MAJOR problems chewing on my right side.....like my top and bottom jaw don't fit together... I just chew on my left side. It just dawned on me that the neck pain and this may be connected??!!!

I researched TMJ and relation to cervical problems and I have found that there is a correlation. But what caused what??

Who would I call first? My surgeon or go to the dentist??

I am SICK of being in pain and going to doctors and REALLY need to get to the bottom of this.

Does anyone have any experience with the two issues?
advertisement

Comments

• First I would call the surgeon. If they have no advice or direction for ya. Then yeah try the dentist. Hey even calling your dentist and asking is ok.

My cousin has TMJ and oh yeah it can be painful but her jaw locks up. Is yours doing that while you chew??
    Or does it feel like its just not aligned right???

Anyways Iv never had this happen. Its gotten a little sore before but nothing like what your describing.
    It could be cervical it could be something totally different.
    Ya just never know. Im like the queen of never knowing whats this, whats that, could it be this. Ya will drive yourself bonkers ~X( ~X(

So give the surgeons office a call and ya know a PA or the secretary will call you back.

HANG IN THERE I know the frustration all to well.
    Terri O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • Terri..I can always count on you for a response! Even with all your troubles. No, it doesn't lock up; just feels like it isn't lining up right. Kinda hard to explain. I was going to call the dentist, but I think I will start with the doctor. thanks. hope you are doing ok!