Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

gonna try new antidepressant

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Pain Medications
Ive been on Lexapro 20 mg for 2 yrs now and also take 1mg klonopin at night. I just amde an appointment with my PCP, who prescribes these to me) for a change. I have been reading that Wellbutrin is a good anti depressant and does good things for women's libedo. ( my poor hubby is very understanding). Anyone try Wellbutrin? Also with all this crap going on at work, I am having panic attacts all day long and would like something to take throughout the day but 1mg of klonopin is way too much for daytime. Any suggestions? Xanax or some other benzo?
advertisement

Comments

• hi
    sorry for the trouble and pain that you are having. i have been on lexapro 10mg for a couple of mths now and i know what you are talking about when you talk about your hubby cause i have one too! :D anyway, a few years ago i did try wellbutrin and it did nothing for me, not in any way shape or form so you might want to really really consider this before you go changing. as for the anxiety attacks i have no idea about. i know that i have them occassionally but nothing near what you are going thru so i cant and wont comment on that. i just hope if you do change it will be a good thing for you but really talk openly with your dr about all this and try to make a smart choice and weigh all your options. i know the issue at hand is a sensitive one and that really impacts us all with not only pain but in other ways like ours. so i hope it all works out for the best for you and your hubby.
    take care and have a great day!

karenc
  • wellburtrin made my heart race horrible.
    i also have anxiety. i use 10mg valium for attacks.

lexapro did nothing for me at all. i did not see a change in my mood.

i found cymbalta to the the bomb of all antidepressents and for pain.
    but on the down side i was in school at the time and got so nausea's i had to stop taking it.
    there is so many different kinds out there.

so many people react differently to so many meds so its hard to say which is the best and which isn't.

i would just discuss it with your dr and see what would be best for your situation if you want to change.

good luck
    let us know how you make out
    terri O:) O:)
  • I was reading wellbutrin also helps for low back pain. Yeah I guess all meds are different for all people, but I really dont think Im benefitting from Lexapro any way. I am very twitchy on it and gained 20 lbs. I also have no desire for lovin. I really want that to change. My appointment is on the 28th so I will discuss all of this with my Dr and see what he recommends. I hope he doesnt make me go to a psych Dr. I was going to one for about 8 months and the co pay went up to $120.00 a session. HOLY COW!
  • I am on 150 mgs of wellbutrin a day and it has really helped me. I tried Cymbalta which did help with pain and anxiety but made me way too sleepy. I was on Lexapro 20 mgs and it actually made me more depressed. When I first talked to doc about the wellbutrin he told me that for some people it makes the anxiety worse ( I also suffer from anxiety issues). So far the wellbutrin is doing well for me and is not making me as sleepy and loopy as some of the other meds do. I do not think that it has done much for my libido but this may be due to the opiates, I am not sure. I have also tried valium for the anxiety and found that it really works well for anxiety. But, you may want to try the Cymbalta if you have not already. It really helps with the anxiety (family members saw improvement in me within days) and helps tremendously with the pain. I would still be on it if it were not for the extreme sleepiness which is a rare side effect from it most people get past the sleepiness after a few weeks. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • I see a psychiatrist for my meds just because I feel that they are more familiar with these drugs. But, if you do the research yourself you may do just as well with your GP since it is all trial and error anyway.

• I will say that again welbutrin XL has been great for me as I have posted before.Once my body adjusts to all this pain, I will get back on it along with hopefully a LA narcotic med to make my days less pill "popping".If you are prone to anxiety/panic try and stay at a low dose till you adjust, I could never make it to 300 mg, I would be sweating, panicky and never walk out the door.

Re: klonopin, I found it to be too long lasting & sedating.Xanax is fast and sedation is an issue as well at larger doses.I prefer ativan now, its less powerful, but it works fast and has muscle relaxant qualities as well.My doctor at present refuses to implement a muscle relaxnt so this gives me some relief.
advertisement