Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bones fusing

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hey guys
i think a majority of us are waiting for our bones to fuse. everyone obviously will fuse at different rates.

just wondering if anyone knows how bones fuse? do they fuse top to bottom? left to right? front to back? at once?

i know on plain xray u will start to see white spots. any other info??
advertisement

Comments

• Good question. I have never thought of that but it would similar to a broken bone healing. I would think it would be the whole area at once to start fusing and not right to left or front to back. If there is a certain way that it starts to fuse I would think it would be from the middle out. My thinking behind this is that the middle of the bones are where the blood flow and marrow is located and I would think that is where it would start. I don't have an answer for you; these are my thinkings only.
  • rhw 62
    hey i remember u from aug sept recovery thread. how r u doing?? i had c1 c2 fused sept 09 and am still recovering. still snap crackle popping back there too.