Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Im back from secod week in hospital

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
ok last i left you i was going to the er, i called m OS one last time and they demanded that i come back and be re-admitted, they felt they released me too soon. i had a lot of debris from m L5 disk that was when they had the fusion discovered it was rattling around with nothing hardly attached to it so i just got released today from the hospital i feel a good 60% better than before they changed my meds im on valium, oxcontin gabepantin, celexa, ibuprofen 800 and 1 more nerve med i cant remember. they really took care of me this time and im very happy that alot of my pain is gone. I would recommend my surgeon to anyone, he truly does care about the well being of his patients. He truly didnt feel comfortable releasing me until i was comfortable. his team is awesome and i cant sa enough good things about him.
As to all my new friends and brothers and sisters in pain on these forums, i really couldnt have made it through all of this without you, this forum is a blessing to us who are in pain , scared, or just curious, so again thank you all for the support and kind words. I love you all!
You will get better i know it!
Ethan
advertisement

Comments

• I am glad you are home and doing better! We all wish you a good recovery!

Shell
  • I'm glad you're safe home and it's great things are looking up! Thanks for your well wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :))) :H

Got you on some heavy juice!
    I hope that your recovery is fast.

Dave
  • and i gotta admit it feels good not being in much pain..lol
  • I am glad you are home. wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • So glad you're home and feeling better!
  • Glad you made the system work the way it's supposed to and for the most part does work. Sorry you had to suffer so much initially, glad you feel better now.

"C"
  • First Ethan I did not even know you went back in I'm so sorry I missed that I'v had so much going on here. You probably already read it on myspace or here.

So HAPPY they got you back in. My GOD you shouldn't of been suffering like that. So many drs would of just said wait it out ya know. I'm so glad you dr made ya go back in.

Now ya can start on the recovery process and get better!!! 60% is ALOT.

Keep doing what your doing and you know we are always here for you and your family.

Take care have a wonderful weekend
    Terri O:)
  • Ethan, so glad you are back and doing better, and finally they gave you some good meds to get you through! Now you follow all those instructions and keep on top of the pain. Set an alarm at night, it helps to keep the pain from getting away from you. Take care, >:D< Cali-Sue
  • I've been wondering about you Ethan! I am so glad you went back in. I just knew that you needed some serious help. It's great to hear that you are doing better. Now that some of the pain "stress" has lifted you should see improvement weekly or so.

Glad your back. Welcome home.

>:D<
  • ...as I may have the same surgery. Glad to hear you are doing better and as C said, sorry you had to suffer initially. It was not in vain - we all learn from each other. Now you're on the road to recovery and one of these days I hope to be on the trail myself :)))
    -Melissa
  • i didnt get much sleep last night being first day home from hospital, i was puking quite a bit probably just getting the iv meds out that were still in i wasnt in alot of pain just more uncomfortable. feel a lil better now, gonna nap..i prett much know its gonna be a long run type of situation, which i hate but what can you do, i was able to get a disability tag for m vehicle yesterday so i m getting some things done it helps to take my mind off the pain when im thinking about getting things done..lol..hope alls well with everyone,
    Ethan
  • I'm glad that all is working out for you! I didn't even know you went back in the hospital! I'm sorry!
    You are a lucky one that had a great dr and his team as well. My dr is great too, but I'm just getting frustrated cause of all my new issues and the pain is so intense! Wish i had more meds to take. Just the dilaudid 4mg. Can take up to 8 tabs a day now which isn't helping me at all.
    I too am getting a tag for my car! I can't even drive yet! More because I can't get in and out of my car, it's low to the ground. Well, I can "plop" myself in, but getting out is the hardest part!
    Good luck and keep us informed!
    Take care of yourself!

Kim >:D<
  • Ethan,

sorry I missed you going back into hospital, but so glad you are hiome now, after getting better treatment the 2nd time round. Im really relieved to read that you are more comfortable than you were, you are on some good painkillers there.

Please heed one peice of advice. Use an alarm to remind you to take your meds. I have been taking a lot of meds for 6 months now, the past 4 months been on a whole load so I always follow my routine for taking them at night. I do not know why but I forgot to do it a couple of days ago. I woke up crying, I could not move my legs at all. That alone scared me. I took some deep breathes and got some feeling into my legs again but boy the pain was intense. I woke my husband, he didn't know what to suggest. After a while I thought to myself 'I can't rmember taking last nights meds' - I checked and I hadn't! - please learn from my mistake - Do not forget a dose.

I wish you all the very best for a strong, safe recovery, at whatever speed your body recovers at.

Take care
    Love Danni xxx

advertisement