Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can't Stand It

CRASH21CCRASH21 Posts: 139
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Depression and Coping
I am a little over a month post op ACDF and about a month pre-op ALIF. I really can't stand my lack of independence now. I am unable to drive which is huge for me. I feel stuck and hate having to ask for a ride all the time. Also, now I feel like there is no end in sight. My next surgery will be right before Christmas. I can't wait to start off a new year. Hopefully the next year will be so much better. This year has been really tough! Just needed to vent.
advertisement

Comments

• feel free to vent any time. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • :T :T :T :T :T :T VENT AWAY!!!! :T :T :T :T :T

I usally scream at the wall or the cats but they don't talk back so thats a good thing.
    If anyone is waiting to start a NEW YEAR with no surgery or illness its certainly me WHEW #:S #:S #:S #:S

My year YEARS have been horrible. And WHEW another surgery this week fingers crossed, so I CAN WALK AGAIN without severe pain in my legs!!!! oh and also fuseeeeeeeeeeeeee which is HUGE <:P <:P

HANG IN THERE your no way alone in this journey in life.
    You scream yell do whatever it takes. Write down everything your feeling, scream at us it ya want, just don't throw anything or I will have to up my percocets :D :D :D :D
  • I couldn't drive forever it seemed like. I had 3 surgeries in 7 weeks. July 9th was the fusion. then got MRSA- a staph infection so another surgery 3 weeks later than another one to take out more bad tissue 2 weeks later. I felt like a dang 5th grader needing rides to my appts. and I felt seriously grounded. uugh. worst summer of my life. but, hey, I made it and I'm still around to whine. :)
    so sorry you're feeling sucky. the first few weeks are the worst for sure. insane pain. I was very emotional. hated those days. better days are ahead.
  • It does stink! I would plan things around getting a chance to get a ride and then do them all at once. Come home and feel wiped out and hurt, but elated to have gotten out. The rest of the time I would get out of the house and walk. I would take short walks at least twice a day and then eventually worked up from there. I found it easy to walk to the local convenience store and I think that saved my sanity.

"C"
  • Thank you all for listening. Today is a better day. You should see me walking all over town. I look ridiculous crossing a busy street with this hard collar. I have to turn my whole body to look both ways and then back again LOL. Just wait till they see me walking funny when I have the lumbar brace on with some type of extension wrapped around my leg. Plus, it is getting cold here and snow will be falling soon. Got to get some warmer clothes because I am not going to sit around the house all day!!!
  • You want to see funny, wait until you see someone wearing a hooded sweatshirt underneath a winter jacket with that hood pulled up too, with jeans and boots, walking along the road and beach on a subtropical island. =)) Yes I cringe when it gets into the 60's.

I am fortunate to have a treadmill in the spare room. I plug in DVD after DVD and walk no matter how hot or how cold or how rainy it gets!

Good for you, walk walk walk!

"C"
  • ARE all moving in with "C" <:P <:P <:P =)) =)) =))
  • You guys pay the rent and you've got a deal!

"C"
  • Vent away! It sucks to lose your independence. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement