Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Taking it all in

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Depression and Coping
This is my second post to spine-health forum after introducing myself months ago. After that I was so overwhelmed by pain and what direction to go in, that I could not seem to write anything. I thought I should post in the Back Surgery Board since I am considering an anterior/posterior revision for a failed PLIF L4/5, but I could hardly read the posts without having a panic attack. So instead I waited. I started seeing a psychiatrist for the first time in my life for depression and anxiety. Looking back, letting some time pass was excatly what I needed. I have begun to learn to accept my pain...physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. It's like I'm in Kindergarten all over again. Acceptance and depression medication have begun to help me to not freak out about my physical pain every minute of the day. My physical pain hasn't changed but the way I look at it has. I still don't know if I am going to have another surgery. I will get a second opinion soon. Have a great weekend everyone 8> Jackie
advertisement

Comments

• Jackie, so glad you are back and are getting some help for your depression and anxiety. I too am working on that now. Chronic pain and back surgery sure does seem to have depression and anxiety as a sequelae. It just affects every aspect of our lives. It is great to have you back on the forum, and maybe you can venture into the surgery section sometime as well, in your own time. Have a happy weekend and see ya round the boards, >:D< Sue
  • Glad you are back too. :H I agree with Cali-Sue when you are ready to read or ask questions we are here. Sometimes I just go to the Good News or Lighten and Brighten to take my mind off things for a while.

Take care of you,
    O-
  • for supprting me here, it helps to here people who are going through this too. What I have been thinking these days is completely flipping back and forth about a revision fusion, I've just started laughing about it with my kids...anyway I will post all that in the surgery forum soon...just wanted to say thanks for now. Jackie :B