Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hola

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Glad to find this site. Although I know no one really wanted to end up here.
I'm on my 3rd Herniation/Rupture/Bulge whatever the term of the day is, my 1st on L4, 2 previous L5 which I had surgery for. Luckily I was in good shape before the 2 surgeries so I healed up fairly well.So when I finally get back to HS weight and shape BOOM...L4 finally blew after bulging for so many years. Wakeboard fall,bad chiro adjust who knows but it is what it is.
Mainly on The Meds and Oral roids and am still looking for a decent doc in my area.(Panhandle FLA) My Othopedic Doc Friend suggests the Epidural Injection but really I think they're a pain masker like the meds.
Anyone had luck waiting the herniation out for Resorbtion? I'm wary of opening up and creating more scar tissue in a Discetomy,micro or not and not sure about the Shot due to it missing its mark. But not sure how long I can keep up as is!
Thanks for this space to vent...need it since I don't sleep much anymore. Peace
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please make yourself at home and get famaliar with all the sites and info. it looks like you are doing your homework and getting the information you need to make a wise decision in your pain treatment. :? good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Would your epidural be performed under live xray? If so they are pretty accurate at hitting the mark this way. I had these in the beginning and did get relief but it only lasted about 1 month. However, I have heard of other people getting much longer relief from this. It may be worth a try. Any conservative treatment may be worth trying in order to avoid surgery. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • welcome to spine-health
  • Thanks have appt. at Microspine in Defuniak Springs,FL.. Anyone got info about them? Also seeing a Doc in Atlanta week after next. Still no one has waited it out for the herniation to re-absorb?
  • Someone told me if the herniated disc doesn't correct itself in 6 months it probably won't. I've been out of work since February and hoping this herniation would dry up or be reabsorbed. It's a small far right herniation but impinging on a nerve and annular tear. My second epi is tomorrow and hoping it helps more than the first. The first one helped the sciatica. See you around. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • GOOD LUCK! >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hi Charry, I had 3 epi's first one helped me for a month, Had the second epi and helped me for like 6 months, 3rd one was really like more than a year. I had physical therapy in between those epi's, muscle strengthening, etc... proper body mechanics, very important. Wrong move, wrong twist and the pain comes back. For your epi, is it done w/ flouroscopy? Helen/honeybee
  • Hi Charry, I had 3 epi's first one helped me for a month, Had the second epi and helped me for like 6 months, 3rd one was really like more than a year. I had physical therapy in between those epi's, muscle strengthening, etc... proper body mechanics, very important. Wrong move, wrong twist and the pain comes back. For your epi, is it done w/ flouroscopy? Helen/honeybee
  • No my epi wasn't done with anything. the anestitist says he's been doing epi for years without fluoroscopy. The second one feels pretty good too today. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement